LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Asst Director)     04 February 2012

Buying agricultural land in gujarat

My grandfather used to be a farmer in Gujarat, now settled in Mumbai. He sold all his agricultural land in June 2006. Now, he does not hold any agricultural land in Gujarat. Since the past year, I have been interested in agriculture and want to buy some agricultural land in Gujarat, around the same region as our native place.

My question is,

(1) Given that he was once a farmer just 6 years ago, can he buy some agricultural land again if he / I may want to continue the agriculture profession that was discontinued ? Given his age and being retired for 20+ years, he has a meagre income (in case this information helps.. as some states impose income limits for buying agricultural land )

(2) In case the above option is not feasible, my grandfather's relatives (viz. his brother's son, his cousin etc) still hold Agricultural land. Basis of the blood relation, can I get the farmer status through them via him ?

I browsed through this forum for a similar query and while there was another post of a similar topic, it did complete resemble my case and hence posting this as a new topic. Would be grateful for suggestions / advice from experts.

Rahul

Learning

3 Replies

Kantilal (not yet)     07 February 2012

Good question Rahul, I am also seeking the answer ofr same question

BIHARILAL LIYA (abc)     12 April 2012

Since your grandfather ceased to exist as a farmer 6 Years ago and does not hold any agricultural land in gujarat as on date, he cannot buy an agricultural land.

The answer to the second question, my friend, is also negetive.

Abhishek (A)     23 August 2012

Just one more addition to previous question... If my wife or (my the girl to whom I will be married) is a daughter of a farmer, Can I purchase an agricultural land on her name, even though I am not an "agriculturilist"..? Especially in Gujarat.. how far is this possible

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register