LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Brother Blackmailing of suicide

My brother age 23 had failed love problem way back in 2006 (19 at that time ) and he tried to commit sucide and was saved by me by providing timely medical treatment in hospital , after that he was fine and again he fell in love with another girl now ,but after refusal by family and by her family too , he has left the house now more then 20 days ago ,now he is putting pressure on me and my family to force them to marry him , or he will commit sucide ,i am trying my best to resovle his problem but he is not listening to any one and refused to come back home , we have not filed a complaint yet in police since he does goes to his work on daily basis , i am worried that he if we fail he might commit sucide and blame me and my family for it , what legal protection can i take to save my family from police filing a case on me and my family if he does commit sucide ?

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 November 2010

You can keep the police informed in advance intimating the complete facts.  This will save you from any possible harassment. 

1 Like

Struggle For Justice (Self Employed)     08 November 2010

See Vinayak just clarify few Questions. Is your brothers love is two side? first who apposed for their marriage? I mean to say that in depression your brother may warn with such statements. Now a days these type of problems are growing. Unnecessarly people are suffering.

(Guest)

It was two side love affair , we objected due to his age and their caste , then they even decided to break up with each other but now suddenly he acting weired and doing emaotional blackmail

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     09 November 2010

Inform the Police and register a G.D.Entry.

1 Like

(Guest)

Sir can you please tell me what is this G.D.Entry ?

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     12 November 2010

General Diary Entry. GD is maintained in every Police Station wherein all the activities of the Police Station is recorded chronologically. An entry in G.D makes the fact admissible in law and it is treated as NOT AFTER THOUGHT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register