Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s (Business)     07 February 2012

Bail condition - relaxation - possibilities???

Dear Members,

I would be interested in knowing if any one has been successful in getting a 498a bail condition relaxed ? I was granted regular bail by the MM after being arrested u/s 498a with a condition that I shall not leave the country without the court's permission. FYI - I hold a foreign passport. 

I wish to get this bail condition relaxed and am looking for guidance on procedure/success stories(if any)/case laws(if any) etc. Would any of the following grounds help:

1) the arrest itself was contempt of court - because it was done without the orders of DCP/ACP as per the Standing order 330/2007 

2) the condition should not have been there in the first place - as per CrPC 437 - as explained by Shonee in some other posts 

3) the liberty of a foreign citizen is at stake ??

Regards

LIB

Learning

3 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     07 February 2012

defficult under present dispenstion of laws.

s (Business)     09 February 2012

Whoa! Basically the MMs can get away with doing almost 'anything' in India? I would like to think that this is not the case and that there surely exists a solution for such cases

s (Business)     09 February 2012

Could I draw the attention to point 22 on this link please? https://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1195472/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register