LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

susmitha (Manager)     27 July 2010

Ancestral property

There is ancestral property, which is self acquired property of my grand father. At present, both my grand father and grand mother is not alive. My grand father has one House, agricultural land and cash deposits are there.

My grand father is having two sons and one daughter and the property (Building) is divided between two sons and the partition is done by the way of partition deed which has been registered in Register Office. At the time of Grand Mothers death, agriculture land and cash deposits have been given to my father’s sister as per the Grand mothers last words.

My Father has got half of share in the property. Till before partition of property, my father’s family is staying in one fourth of the building and the remaining three fourth my father’s brother family is staying. After partition of property, we approached him to vacate our share in the building. My father’s brother is objecting to do that and even he is telling that he will file a case in court if we try to occupy.

Please note that Municipal tax is still paying in my Grand father’s name even the property is partitioned between them.

Please advise how we can take our share of property which is currently occupied by my father’s brother. Can we approach through court? If we wait for some more time, is there any chances for him to occupy full building.

Learning

4 Replies

RohitChhaba (n/a)     27 July 2010

Straight and Simple

1. File Suit for possession.

2. NO chances for him to occupy full building

3. Contact Prof Advocate

1 Like

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     27 July 2010

Heed the sound advice of Mr. Rohit Chhaba.  Without wasting time file the suit for possession of the 1/4th share of the building which in occupation of your father's brother.

1 Like

susmitha (Manager)     28 July 2010

Thank you very much for your advice. One small clarification required. My father is telling that we will transfer the municipal taxes and other documents in our name and will file a suit. Is this a best way or we can file withpust all those documents. Because municaipal tax, water tax etc are still in my Gran Fathers name.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 July 2010

Since you will be claiming the possession of the remaining portion i.e. 1/4th share which is currently under the occupation of your father's brother on the basis of the partition deed, the municipal tax receipt, water tax receipt etc., are not that relevant.  They do not carry any material value for the issue in question.  Therefore, straight away file a suit for possession on the basis of the registered partition deed according to which your father is entitled to 50% share in the property/building and 1/4th of which is in illegal occupation of your father's brother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register