LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratik Mehta (proprietor)     26 November 2010

Agriculture land

Can I sale my 1.08 acre land Situated in Dist. narmada , State Gujarat, As per my information Land Ceilling Act is applicable. Pl.z Guide.

Suppose if i sale without registration , and the purchase takes the possession , than can he claim ownership on the basis of possession.

Learning

5 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     26 November 2010

in the first place agricultural land can be sold to an agriculturist only. Hope u r aware of that provision. Secondly if u want to sell it to a non agriculturist u will hv to take permission under section 63 of Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Lands Act. You will have to verify from the office of Collector or mamlatdar whether Land Celing Act is applicable. Registration of sale deed is compulsory with payment of full stamp duty and registration fees in absence of which it has no value and is a piece of paper only having no value in the eyes of law. Unless registration takes place, names of purchasers can not be entered in 7/12 and other records.

1 Like

Pratik Mehta (proprietor)     26 November 2010

To be clear My father had sold agri. land of 1.08 acre through  sale deed on stamp paper of Rs. 120/- and the purchase had taken the possession in the year 1995 now He had filed a petion in the cour of Narmada for claiming the ownership on the basis of Sale Deed which is till dt. not registered.

saumit joshi (advocate)     26 November 2010

first of all you have to collect latest 7/12, 8A and Form No 6 of your survey no-because through unregistered sale deed no entry made in 7/12 of transferee- you had not mentioned any consideration detail of such unregistered sale deed- whether your father received payment through cash or cheque- By the way as per my view you must get this property from earlier purchaser.

sharad (Individual)     31 August 2012

I intend to buy the agricultural land, Jarayat, OLD Sharat, in Gujarat.

What conditions should be satisfied for compliance to the law ? What is the minimum area of land to be purchased?

What is the time limit of purchase of agricultural land after sale of existing agricultural land?

Thanks.

sharad (Individual)     31 August 2012

Additional info to my post: I am an agriculturist in Gujarat

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register