Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maheswari1 (Service)     05 August 2011

After the demise of husband

Sir,

My father expired recently and was a governement servent and  he has left behind cash and property which is purely self earned. He had accounts in three banks and has left few mutual funds and some FD's in which he has left nomination. He had a DDA flat and a plot in chennai for which he has not written any will. Right now we have applied for succession certificate for the property. I would like to know the cash in the bank, FD;s etc for which nomination is written should go to the person who has been nominated or it will go to all the successors? Kindly enlighten me regarding this issue.

Thanking you

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     05 August 2011

you just ask to bank to whom were mentioned in the nominee in all bank account, if they are mentioned particular name and successor certificate then get and give to release the said amount and jewel and cash.

maheswari1 (Service)     05 August 2011

Sir,

Thank you for your reply. I know the nominee which could be seen in passbook itself. Can other than the nominee I mean within the family can hold the ATM cards and use that money without allowing the money to be transfered in the nominee's name?

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     05 August 2011

nominee is only a fecility to receive the funds and successors can clime their share

maheswari1 (Service)     08 August 2011

If the nominee is the mother then how can the children being the successor claim their share? It should be only after the demise of mother the children can claim their share. Please do clarify

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register