LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

atul (manager)     07 May 2011

Affair with My Sister-in-law's Sister

My Sister-in-law's sister reported against me on police station that I was forcing her to marry that is true. Well, This is a family matter. But, her father consider me as his enemy now. The case is filed under section 354 and 506. My advocate said that The case will be finished by compromise, But  I want to know that, Can I apply for a Government Services , Will if affect to my career.

Learning

14 Replies

Siddharth Mehta (Student)     07 May 2011

if you are in a government job and u r arrested then obviously it will affect ur career..the sections under which u have been booked attract atleast 3 years of sentence..

If u think that u'll b arrested den u can file for an anticipatory bail..

M V Gupta (Advocate)     07 May 2011

Pending criminal case would come in the way of ur selection for service in the Govt. Better get the case settled quickly before u apply for the job in the Govt. 

(Guest)

Now it is a practice that before joining, after selection, to bring a certificate from local police station.

Dear Friend , I am not a law expert but I can suggest you that;

"SAR SALAAMAT TO TOPI HAJAAR"

so kisi ke kiye apna keemti vaqt aur zindagi ki tarakki ke raste ko barbaad mat karo aur faltu zagdon me mat ulzo.. rukawaton ko "SORRY" kahkar side karo.. aage badho...

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     07 May 2011

sister in law's sister means your wife?

or your bhabi's sister?

you may face the matter by two diffrent way,

one is compromise and another is you deny the allegations.

if first one fails then second one.

do not do any such comments (  I was forcing her to marry that is true.) which proves their allegations.

if you get a govt job that can be sliped. you have to mention that whether any criminal case is their against you or not, if you are already in govt service that may effect if you are arrested more than 48 hours.

therefore compromise is best. otherwise take bail.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     08 May 2011

Dear Atul: Nothing is regarded a family matter if is a crime and the sections which you have been booked are criminal in nature.Apart from that you are even admitting it, which amounts to in Hindi,"CHORI AUR SEENAZORI".Proposing your brother's SALI is not a crime but if she accepts it happily.

If any criminal case is pending against you,is a bar for any Govt.job till you have been exonerated by the court.Compromising with a sorry would be the best alternative which many of our friends have submitted in this column.

Choice obviously is yours.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     08 May 2011

agree with mr. Ram but some change is must in their quote-

see wht?

Ram Samudre-DRF [NSSD-UOI]

[See my Blog for NSSD-UOI] Founder - President, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Democratic Rights Forum (DRF) (Foundation for Social Justice and Constitutional Awareness for Trial of Public Service) email at drf.india@gmail.com - Twitter:democrats_forum

[ Scorecard : 386]

Thank the Contributor

Send PM

Now it is a practice that before joining, after selection, to bring a certificate from local police station.

Dear Friend , I am not a law expert but I can suggest you that;

"SAR SALAAMAT TO joote HAJAAR"

so kisi ke kiye apna keemti vaqt aur zindagi ki tarakki ke raste ko barbaad mat karo aur faltu zagdon me mat ulzo.. rukawaton ko "SORRY" kahkar side karo.. aage badho...

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     08 May 2011

iT IS A FACT AS PER YOUR DESCRIPTION THAT, A CRIMINAL PROCEEDING IS ALREADY INITIATED AGAINST YOU AND ONLY  COURT OF LAW CAN DECLARE YOU AS NOT GUILTY.REGARDING YOUR JOB APPLICATION YOU WILL HAVE TO DISCLOSE ABOUT PENDENCY OF A CRIMINAL CASE. I THINK UNTIL THERE IS AN ORDER OF CONVICTION &SENTENCE BY A COMPETENT COURT OF LAW THERE IS NO BAR IN APPLYING AND IN JOINING IBN A SERVICE(PRIVATE/PUBLIC)

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     08 May 2011

Dear Prasanta Kumar Parida: I have expressed my view and the fact is that there is a column in the declaration form during joining of any Govt./Semi Govt./Public undertakings whether any criminal proceeding are being there against the applicant/selected candidate, if the answer for that would be YES then please let me know who would employ him and if someone doesn't disclose that fact and subsequently his employer comes to know then it would be regarded as GIVING FALSE INFORMATION and termination is the imminent result without notice.

I said EXONERATED by the court means proved not guilty to the offence as alleged and can you imagine that the court would decide the case within a day or two because that man is waiting for an employment for his livelihood.

Either this way or the other way around what is the outcome?

1 Like

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     08 May 2011

Dear friend,

Although both of the sections are bailable and compoundable and there is nothing to fear as 354 is difficult to prove . But as you are not in the job,so every time, during trial and up to the acquital,it will creat problem for you .So in my openion,looking your career,better you decide your case on compromise basis .

kumar gaurav (assosiate lawyer)     09 May 2011

well the matter which you are sharing is serious one if you found to be guilty, but it is in your favor to get the complaing withdrawn at any cost, that will not effect your career,and try to convince everyone to do this in your favour , thats all,don;t go in the merit of the case,just try to escape of this situation, 

atul (manager)     02 August 2011

Very-very Thank you to guide me !!!!!!!! :D   I am convincing them to get back their case. 

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     02 August 2011

CLOSE THE CRIMINAL CASE AT ANY COST, OTHERWISE IT MAY AFF3ECT YOUR CARIRER

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2011

I am sure that FIR against relative does not come overnight there might be somemore facts which you are hinding and which may lead to incorrect advice. If the case remains pending or you are convicted you cannot join a Govt service evenif selected.  Even if it is compounded stillit canbe hurdle sicne compounidng is not discharge on merit. If the dealing clerk or Sectin Officer of the department where you are selected happens to be enligtened and sharp enough you cannot join. Your luck iwll depend if all heirarchy is dumb and unable to distinguish between compunding and acquittal on merit. You luck may be even better if the police simply writes on your report that no case pending. But you have to clarly state in the atttestation form as to whether any case was registered agains tyou or not.  Acquittal on merit or quashing of FIR can only help to remove hurdle for joining Govt if you are not overage by that time. 

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     05 December 2011

AS THE OCCURRENCE INVOLVES  INSIDE FAMILY RELATIVES A COMPETENT CRIMINAL ADVOCATE CAN HELP YOU TO CLOSE THE MATTER MY EMLPOYING SOME ADVOCATE'S TRICK.( WHICH WILL BE ADVISED BY YOUR ENGAGED COUNSEL.YOU CAN APPLY FOR THE JOB IN DISCLOSING ABOUT THE PENDENCY OF A CRIMINAL CASE .BECAUSE PENDENCY OF A CASE WILL NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEM TO YOUR JOB,BUT IF AFTERWARDS YOU WILL BE SENT TO CUSTODY FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS OR YOUWILL BE CONVICTED & SENTENCED IN THE CRIMINAL PROCEEDING  A DEPARTMENTAL PROCEEDING MAY BE INITIATED AGAINST YOU AFTER SUSPENDING YOU FROM SERVICE ON THAT GROUND. SO IT IS BETTER TO CONSULT THE CONCERNED ADVOCATE ON WHOM YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE THAN ANALYSING YOURSELF THE OPINION OF EXPERTS IN THIS FORUM. BECAUSE NO ADVOCATE OR EXPERT CAN OR SHOULD GIVE ANY ADVICE/OPINION WITHOUT APPRAISING THE RELENANT DOCUMENTS"IT IS JUST LIKE PRESCRIBING MEDICINE WITHOUT SEEING THE INVESTIGATION REPORTS OF THE PATHOLOGICAL REPORTS"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register