Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivekanandan (Company Secretary)     27 January 2011

Advocate notice for Rs.203/-

Hi all,

I got an advocate notice under Arbitration and conciliation Act, 1996 to settle Rs.203/- due to Reliance mobile.

I did not pay the due beacuase Reliance had given me a inferiror quality handset and that handset was not working . They took nearly one month to repiar the same. I could not use the CDMA card with any other set also. I worte to reliance to waive this amount.

However they issued this notice. Is it possible to take any action for Rs.203/-.

Pls. advice.

thanks and reagrds,

Vivek

Learning

7 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 January 2011

Amount matter little when there is default and notice does not depend on the amount.

Jayaprakash Narayan (Partner in the Law Firm)     28 January 2011

Send a reply notice stating the reason for not paying bill. And tell the Reliance group you will file a consumer complaint for deficiency of service.

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     28 January 2011

In Tamil Nadu District Forum (Consumer Courts) are not admitting complaints against telephone service providers after the judgement of Supreme Court in Krishnan Case. All appeal preferred by Telephone service providers are allowed and the appeal preferred by consumer complainants are dismissed by stating Section 7-B of the Indian Telegraph Act.

Rajiv (Senior Consultant)     01 February 2011

Speaking strictly, even Rs.203, if proven, as a pending due becomes payable. And if routed through the legal proceeding you also become liable to pay the legal expenses and damages (which may vary between Rs.500 to Rs.15,000 depending on the courts whcih can award this) in addition to Rs.203

Therefore, sitting pretty unless you have all the defences in place will not be the best thing to do. So please vent your actual grievance either in Consumer forum or tribunal made for Telegraph act complaints (as in Tamil Nadu)

To make it easier for you to understand : Look at the other side - a company corporate well equipped legal cell to make sure it fleeces you, LEGALLY !

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     01 February 2011

The best way is complain to  TRI , you will get prompt results.

vivekanandan (Company Secretary)     01 February 2011

Thanks all for valuable suggestions.  I have paid the dues at last. .

regards,

Vivekanandan

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     01 February 2011

I AGREE WITH SHASHI SIR .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register