LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreenath cochin (advocate)     05 March 2012

Advocate engaging in business

i have enrolled as an advocate this year.can i engage in share trading business as a part time job????will it be a violation of advocates act?????

Learning

6 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     05 March 2012

If you sell and buy only, there is no problem but, to be registered as broker is violative.

1 Like

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     05 March 2012

CHANGE YOUR PROFILE FROM -> STUDENT TO -> ADVOCATE PLEASE. 

YOU CAN TRADE IN SHARES FOR YOUR OWN INVESTMENT, 

CANNOT ACT AS BROKER. 

1 Like

sreenath cochin (advocate)     05 March 2012

thnx to alll for the valuable reply

james bhatti (Advocate)     05 March 2012

Part time share business will bring you no problem. It is not violatve of any section of the Advocates Act. Go ahead and prosper.

1 Like

vijaya (na)     29 November 2012

sir, as per advocate act 1961, rules of bar council of india, clause 47, a advocate who is on the rolls of a bar

Section VII – Section on other Employments

47. An advocate shall not personally engage in any business; but he may be a sleeping

partner in a firm doing business provided that, in the opinion of the appropriate State Bar

Council, the nature of the business is not inconsistent with the dignity of the profession

hence if the advocate engaged in part time share trading (intra day buy and sell -or future trading) not in violation of above mentioned clause of BCI. i am a new member here and out of academic interest , wishes to know more about this topic.. seniors may enlighten and help

1 Like

vijaya (na)     15 December 2012

sir, till no reply from seniors, as on today

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register