LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sathya (FINANCE EXECUTIVE)     03 June 2009

Advice for getting divorce from my wife

I am in Bangalore : My case (bangalore) which is dismissed: i got married 5 Years back e.i 2004 we lived for 8 month only and she gave birth to a child on December 2004. I applied for divorce on Sep 2005 because she was not cohabiting with me and not doing her responsibility as wife.The case was dismissed on Aug 2007 for want of proof . In the mean time she made a maintenance petition in chennai and claiming maintenace since 2006 till now. My previous lawyers was not intiating the case the way required. Now i  want to  reopen by case or make fresh petition. I Need a valuable advice to reopen my case and i am in bangalore so some one who can take up my case kindly reply with suggestion.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 June 2009

Once it is dismissed u cannot be reopen or file a fresh petition.  It is better to make a compromise with your wife and pay her lum sum amount in lieu of monthly maintenance and try for mutual divorce petition.

ravi pratap sharma (Advocate)     07 June 2009

now the ball is in u wife court try convincing her for divorce and then let her file a divorce petition and give her a lumsum amount for divorce for her geting ready.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register