LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shaik abdul (tl)     22 July 2011

406IPC after 498A

wife booked false dowry case on all my family member is 498A and 3 & 4 DP act. All got the bail. Now they are thretening to file 406 for streedhan recovery which she did not collected and also there is not any list maintained at the time of marriage.

Please advice what could be the implication for 406 which is not mentioned in the bail we already took.

Learning

9 Replies

shaik abdul (tl)     22 July 2011

They are demanding huge money for settlement to widdthraw as we are from mahboobnagar, AP. If we do not do the settlement thy are thretening of 406.

I did not took any dowry also it is they have given the streedhan to her daughter without any list of articles signed by any one...

if they file the case do they remand to jail again as i have taken a regular bail in 498a.

please provide your valuable advise

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     22 July 2011

406 is a bailable offence and if you have bail in 498A then getting bail in 406 charge is not a problem. 406 is normally added later to the same FIR and the offence is bailable at a police station.

shaik abdul (tl)     23 July 2011

Thanks Sanjeev but  406 is non bailable as per my research on vairous web sites. Could any one clarify whether it is bailable or non bailable

shiva (sales)     24 July 2011

Dear Shaik Abdul....

can you suggest any good lawyer from hyderabad who can quash 498a depending on the case merits...

shaik abdul (tl)     24 July 2011

refer vakilbabu.com

s arun kumar also a good lawyer in HC

shaik abdul (tl)     24 July 2011

Can any one please advise 406 is bailable or non bailable if i have already taken bail for 498a will that also aplicable if a complaint book for 406 ?

danish (Manager)     24 July 2011

Abdul 1st of all dont worry ,they r  doing this to built pressure. Dont worry at all. 1st of all dont divorce ur wife later on they wil come for settlement. Divorce is ur wepon ok. Have patience if u want to win

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 August 2011

406 is non-bailable crime

shaik abdul (tl)     05 August 2011

406 is same blind section as 498a or do they see evidence and ivestigate before arresting?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register