Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak   02 May 2018

Property registery

Sir,

My mother have purchased a land in year 1988 (20 years back). At that time a " ekrarnama " (agreement document with previous owner as we say it in hindi in Uttar Pradesh) was done and registry of property in registrar office was not done.Cost of land to the owner was given fully at that time . After that we built house there and staying in it since then.There is no dispute as such .How ever I wish to know that in future if my mother  want to sell this property how can she do so. We only have ekrarnama . What remedies do I have . Can my mother get the house registered in her name now. Please suggest . Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 May 2018

As the property purchased through Agreement of sale, it shall be registered in your mother favour.  so request that owner to execute sale deed now itself. if the owner is no more, his legal heirs shall execute sale deed and the duties to be paid on the Maket value of the property prevailing as on the date of sale deed. if owner do not come forward to execute sale deed, you consult your local experienced lawyer who have sufficient knowledge in dispute of properties and file case if necessary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register