LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kulwinder singh (officer)     28 February 2012

Police not registering fir for illegally occupied property

I have tried in vain to have FIR registered for illegally occupied NRI property. I have been to all authorities including DC, SSP, IGP, DIG, NRI Sabha etc. It has been over 3 months. Can someone please tell me what legal remedies I have? In which court should I go? Local Court? Under what section should I submit my case? What documents do I need? Fard, electric is on my name. I have witnesses also. I appreciate any help you may be able to give. Thank you for your time.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

I would suggest you to approach an experienced lawyer and he will guide you properly. You can sue the people who have acquired your property illegally since you have all the records and you can write a complaint letter to the SHO of your area. I'll still say you should hire a lawyer and he will guide you through everything. Hope it helps.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 March 2012

For immediate remedy, approach the Executive magistrate of your area under Section 145 of the Criminal procedure Code, and thereafter file a declaratory suit in civil court  to determine the title of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register