3. PROHOBITION
  4. CERTIORARI
  5. QUO WARRANTO

RAHUL

Learning

4 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     09 November 2010

writ means written order.

filing a writ means, you praying before the court for a specific or bunch of written orders against your petition.

for actual meaning and/or how; why; & where to pray see a legal dictionary. 

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     09 November 2010

Dear Mr.Rahul,

1. Writ of Mandamus means an order or command from the Court to the Authorities (i.e. government and its organizations) concerned to do a thing which though they are lawfully supposed to do themselves but are not doing or refusing to do for whatsoever reason.

2. Writ of Prohibition means an order or command from the Court to the Authorities concerned, asking them not to do a particular thing. (This writ will be issued only when the thing has not already been done.  In other words, the order can be issued only when the action was about to be done.)

3. Writ of Certiorari means and order or command either certifying the correctness or otherwise (if it is correct upholding; and if it is wrong then setting aside or quashing) of an action done by subordinate courts or authorities.

4. Writ of Heabes Corpus - is an order or command from the Court to the person / authorities to produce the body of the person alleged to have been illegally detained.

5. Writ of Quo Warranto - is an order or command from the Court questioning the basis or authority under which a particular person is occupying a Public Office.  (For example, if any one is holding a post of Chairman or Trustee etc., without following proper procedure and rules but occupying the position by sheer muscle power or due to several unauthorised persons supporting him.)

3 Like

(Guest)

well definition sir.

girishankar (manager)     10 December 2010

Writ is Action balance will be in Slow motion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register