Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Malaysia (Software)     12 October 2012

Need help dealing with cheating father & sister

Hi,

Thanks in advance for anwering my question.

I have a property issue in my family and nee dhelp in understanding what i can do with it.

So, i have a sister who eloped at the age of 18 with a rogue who didnt have a job and currently driving auto for living and they have two kids now. 

on the other hand i was a very responsible son who took care of parents, basically gave them everything. spent almost 6-7 lakhs on my dad's home and y moms jewels etc...

now my sister & father since she has no place to go wants a property that i bought from my own earnings or my dad is wanting to give away the home that i spent 5-6 lakhs from my earning to my sister.

i feel cheated for being a good and responsible son. I dont care giving 50-50 rights to my sister even though she doesnt deserve it. but what can i do prevent the whole thing going away from my hand and feel cheated.

any help appreciated.

Learning

4 Replies

Raja (XYZ)     12 October 2012

the property is registered in the name of your father or you ?

if father, he can give the consent so.

you can prevent and or charge for the work you carried out from your earning. but if it is totally by way of gift, you cannot revoke.

feel free to contact me if require further. good luck.

Vivek Malaysia (Software)     12 October 2012

Thanks for the response Mr Raja.

actually my dad wants to give it away to his grandson (thru my sister due to his emotinal attachment and my sister is making use of it.).

The property is registered under my dad's name. i trusted my parents as i should and now repenting that i did.

My dad tricked me as i wanted to stay with them as a joint family and thts y i extended and renovated the home. At this point i have spent twice of what my dad spent on the home.

i feel really cheated and want to do something. its not about money but i dont like being cheated that too by my own parents whom i loved and trusted.

Raja (XYZ)     14 October 2012

money is nothing before your parents. let them go. you can earn money again and again with the bless of your parents only...........

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 October 2012

1. When you are not maintaining cordial relations with your sister and her family then she should not come into picture while taking any future steps as regard to fruitful reasoned talks with your parents in context to property being thought to gift deed to grandchildren.

2. Today what you are is all because of your parents and had they not taken care of you when you were child towards your every small and big wishes including higher education you would not be in position today to have spent 4-6 L on parents property renovation.  Such relations are built without considerations and selfless karmas.

3. Having said about both bloods as in above there is no Law under whose usage you can recover 4-6 L which is one and secondly there is no Law to stop Gift Deed in reference to context.

Hence sum total donot waste money on Advocate fees thinking something great will come out of Chamber lollipops instead get separated from parents and anyhow you are not in talking terms with your sister so nothing more need to be done on that front and re-start your life with goal to built on your own name self made property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register