LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meenakshi (Journalist)     22 October 2009

Minimum extent that can be registered

I purchased 271/2 cents of farm land from a real estate agent at a village near sriperambadur around chennai.In my document the extent is given as acre 0.271/2 cents numerically and (twenty and a half cents) within brackets in words.But Now my encumbrance certificate states the extent of the land to be 0.27 cents.Please advice. 

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
As per your querry it seems that your document itself is wrong. (You have mentioned that "given as acre 0.271/2 cents numerically and (twenty and a half cents) within brackets in words"). Re-check your documents. If yours is correct, you can seek the registrar to rectify his records. If your document is wrong, you will have to get it corrected by way of executing another document called as 'Rectification Deed'. It is better to get the rectification done at the earliest.

(Guest)

As per your querry it seems that your document itself is wrong. (You have mentioned that "given as acre 0.271/2 cents numerically and (twenty and a half cents) within brackets in words"). Re-check your documents. If yours is correct, you can seek the registrar to rectify his records. If your document is wrong, you will have to get it corrected by way of executing another document called as 'Rectification Deed'. It is better to get the rectification done at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query