Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

presidentbiz (personal)     23 February 2016

Locate a registered will

Hello,

My mother's aunt (i.e sister of my mother's late father) has registered a will in Chennai dividing her immovable property among 8 heirs (one of which is my mother). Two of the heirs are also probates in that will, but none of them is sharing with us details of the will including it's registration number and date of registration.

One of the immovable properties accounts for a bulk of the inheritance and is located in Alwarpet, Chennai.

We wish to procure a copy of the will, but we do not have details such as document number, date of registration. We only have the postal address and physical address of the property.

Is it possible to fish out where the will is?

Please let me know more details.

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 February 2016

Sir,

You can get the RTI of the registered will if you can show to be a beneficairy party.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

presidentbiz (personal)     23 February 2016

Originally posted by : Kapil Chandna
Sir,

You can get the RTI of the registered will if you can show to be a beneficairy party.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Thanks Mr. Chandna,

My further query is i do not know which jurisdictional subregistrar the will is registered. Most likely it will be either Mylapore or Triplicane in Chennai. How and where do i direct the RTI question to? I mean isn't there any central repository of such documents within a state?

Regards

sureshgangula   24 February 2016

There is no kind of  repository system in the state,,, but we have to check through the registrar offices only......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register