Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Kumar Mahanta (Software Engineer)     03 June 2013

Land is registered on the name of father

Dear All,

When i was outside India, i purchased a land but registered on the name of father as i was unable to come back.

1) Now, i want to re-register the land on my name. I have 1 brother and 1 sister. What is the procedure to get it done?

2) If first case is not possible then, tell me what is the procedure to register it to the name of both the brothers?

Request you to help me out to understand the procedure.

Regards,

Ashish Kumar Mahanta

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     03 June 2013

Your father can execute a gift deed in your favor and get it registered. If you want to transfer the land in the name of your brother then, your father can execute a gift deed in your brother's favor.

Thank you Archana,

Can you give me idea of the registration charges? Like i have 20,000 sq ft land and I want it to give 35 % of it to my brother.

And how gift will be become legal? Do my father has to make affidavite of it (to make gift of land)?

Waiting for your valuable response..

Regards,

Ashish

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     03 June 2013

Stamp duty and registration charges differs from state to state. You father will have to execute a gift deed in favor of your brother. Get the gift deed drafted from a lawyer and get it registered in the sub-registrar's office within whose jurisdiction the property is situated.

Thank you Archana...

Ashish Kumar Mahanta (Software Engineer)     05 June 2013

Dear Archana,

Need your suggestion on the doubt.

Can my father able to gift me whole land? Or, there are some issues of doing this?
 As my family members are ready to do this but lawyer said to us that it's not possible as land area is big.

Waiting for your kind response...

Regards,

Ashish

thinagar (M.D)     06 June 2013

no the land area is not a matter in a single gift deed we can register lot of land. only the value of document increases so that stamp increases there is am max stamp duty and max reg.fees i.e 10000 stamp and 2100 registration fees (as per tamilnadu rules).

Ashish Kumar Mahanta (Software Engineer)     07 June 2013

Dear Thinagar,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Can you tell me the calculation of registration charges of land (as per tamil nadu rules)? So that i will get idea of it. I have 20000 sq ft land area.

Thanks & regards

Ashish

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register