LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   15 February 2021

Hs not file affidavit of declaration of assets & liabilities

My DV husband has not filled the Affidavit of Declaration of Assets & Liabilities until now and I feel that he will not file to hide his income. How will the maintenance amount be decided? Currently he is leaving in Agra while I live in matrimonial house in Bhopal.

Learning

5 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 February 2021

1. Complex matter .... needs deeper study of available documents. Kindly Coordinate with a senior experienced Divorce Lawyer who specializes in Matrimonial Matters.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     15 February 2021

It is compulsory for both the parties of a DV suit to file affidavit of income and assets by the order of the Hon. Supreme Court of India. If your husband fails to file it, all your demands may be conceded by the Court. You may demand maximum maintenance as per your married living standard and also residential premises near the vicinity of your marital home or any other suitable area. 

Raj   15 February 2021

Thank you for replies. What does "strike off the defence" would mean?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 February 2021

It means his (your husband's) opportunity to file his defence shall be closed.

Instead of asking obligation of experts on this platform it is better to seek guidance / advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you, who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case and an able, competent and intelligent enough to satisfy your queries 

Shashi Dhara   19 February 2021

He is taking advantage, press in court,so court will take action against him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register