Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan (student)     19 September 2011

How to cancel register marriage

hello everyone... 

i am in love with a girl. but there parents registered my girl with her cousin... v both still love each other and want to live forever and together... so kindly tell me wat i have to do... Will tat be valid, if i register with her now? do i have to cancel that registered marriage?  if yes, how? Will it needs court order? is there any other way without facing court??? pl kindly post ur reply soon... because, its my life....  thanks in advance to all

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     19 September 2011

@ Author

1. Societal advise: - Better to carry forward with life.

2. A "registered marriage" is not per se canceled but dissolved by way of a decree in a divorce proceeding. This though of canceling a Registered Marriage is result of reading over net of what is happening in few State(s) in USA where on a drop of a hat either spouse approach Marriage resgistrar Office and before the Certificate is issued they allege grounds such as "I was doped / drunk not to understand what was happening!" etc. and pray for not issuing the Certificate. However even those please are thrwon out by many of the County Courts there as stupid afterthought.  This is misguided influence of Western way of life invading India and same does not work here at all. Hence remove this que. which some of you asked us here in recent past 'How to cancel a registered Marriage"

In your brief she now is stated to be someones (her cousin) wife though you two love each other is also alleged to have been self-understood by you. They got registered marriage. However, her registered Marriage cannot be canceled from concerned Court where they got their marriage registered on that D-day. It can only be dissolved by way of decree in a divorce proceeding as per their customary Laws as she may apply under one of the 'grounds' for divorce. However there are limitation period involved here and till that time she can't even put a application and or be divorced legally with a decree in hand to run away and marry you.

Registering second time is illegal.

We respect love but when one among two party is married off in a whiff for what ever compulsion / reason / influence it is better to leave them in their circle instead of creating a triangle as life per se regional movies is far different and it is all about making chances not choices!.

However there is nothing Legal as cause of action in this query.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 September 2011

:-)

Right, the girl can be prosecuted for bigamy

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

mohan (student)     19 September 2011

but i need her ...... v r ready to face court also... wat to do nu pl tell me... is there any way rather than running away pl tel me

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 September 2011

:-)

There is nothing like I need her, so I have to be with her.

Tomorrow you might need Aishwarya Rai, but you are not gonna get her. 

Be realistic my friend, she is now a legally wedded wife of someone.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Manoj Sinha   19 January 2020

Hello sir, I am in love with a girl who had done court marriage about a 9 months ago and now both of her husband and she want to divorce but they don't know what to do.. Please help me fir the same...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register