Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhanu Priya (doctor)     31 March 2014

How to file money extortion cases against the opp party

Hi all

the opposite party is demanding huge money in liew of out of court settelement. 

we are not intrested in any kind of doing the settlement in 498A, dvc, mc and so on..............

how can we file money extortion cases against them,

what are the basic rules,

under what sections of IPC / CRPC we can file money extortion cases against them.

thanking you

Bhanu Priya

Learning

5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     31 March 2014

I do not think the grounds u have mentioned comes under extortion, but still u can file case under 384 and 506 of ipc.  No need of CRPC now.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2014

vague query                           

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     03 April 2014

Good Query and in BY NO means a vague one.

we are not interested in any kind of doing the settlement in 498A, dvc, mc and so on..............   -> Fine.Good.Please fight the case on merits. Your willingness to fight and not COW down will demoralise the opposite party.

384 and 506 of ipc -> can be filed if you have proofs to validate the same OR Let them under  498a/DV case  lie under oath. You can then file prejury case.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 April 2014

Sir, 

Extortion case is possible, if you can get some proof that they are demanding money in lieu of false case.

Better record the statements, and also take one or two witnesses, then file a police complaint, if police don't act, move court.

It is difficult but has been done a few times. All the best.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-8010850498

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Madhu ojha (Orthopedic surgeon)     04 April 2014

Dear Sir /Experts

I have filed Divorce case against my wife in 2006 which is still under process in trial court. I am now 63 yrs. I am an orthopedic surgeon  My wife filed against me crpc 125. Interim maintenance per month of Rs 3000 for wife and Rs 2000 for daughter is ordered in 2007. She also filed two cases under DVA though she deserted home before the law was enacted, Meanwhile as a routine procedure all the judges tried for reconciliation between us. But she only focuses on MONEY. In the MEDIATION CENTRE OF court she gave in writing in her own hand writings with her signature that her demand is One crore cash and one three bed room flat and Gold ornaments Total market price of which is around 75 lacs So in all its 1.75 crore. Whether the demand document submitted by her in Mediation centre can be used to file Extortion case against her? It bears her signature and written in her won hands Lately in HMP case in court room in presence of my lawyers and others there  she uttered that my demand of 1 crore was earlier Now i will not relieve him from bond of marriage even with 1 crore The judge encouraged her and uttered what is the value of 1 crore these days. Many Men are subjected to extortion of huge amounts under cover of legal harassments by misuse of prowoman law. Even at 63 my life is misserable only because of defective imlementations of laws and delayed justice, Can u guide me how can I file the case of Extortion to make her realize Its a shere violation of human rights if i am not divorced in trial court for 8 yrs This is a cruelty itself by judicial system. As a human being its my right to live with a woman to have a conjugal life BUT becoz divorce is so much delayed my wife has a chance to fulfill her malafied intention of Extorting Huge Sums from me Pl guide Thank U Dr M  M OZA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register