LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Disha Shah (Territory Manager)     22 March 2014

Pre-school in a cooperative housing society

I have a property in a cooperative housing society which has 15 houses, I want to run a Pre-School / Playschool on my own property but the chairperson / secretary is not providing me with me the bye-laws of the society nor they are allowing me to open up the School and playschool is not commercial activity as such so help me out what should I do if I want to open up a Pre-School on my property. They are also not providing me the NOC, can i run the playschool without a NOC ?

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 March 2014

Pre-School / Playschool /Tution Classes are all classified as "Commercial Activities".

However, IF the house, is a ownership property,  in a private Bungalow complex, then the Society has no jurisdiction to refuse you any permission, for carrying out the aforementioned activities.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     13 April 2014

Pre School or Play school  whether prohibited under By-laws of society  and you must check up your society By-laws, if you are not provided copy of By-laws you obtain from  Registrar of Society  applying under R.T.I. Act,  or for certified copy. You  may say that it is not commercial and only charitable to impart education/to develop mental and physical faculties of children. contact GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES EMAIL  GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES INDIA@ GAMIL.COM

wonderful   13 December 2022

In residential premises school cant be allowd .It is not in list of activities allowed by District collector .It dangerous for small kinds for various safety reasons. In fklats it can not be allowed at all. If house is separate like a bulgalow plot and has enough space  then approval is needed. No school can be opened without district education offcer consent.It is abuye to misuse residential houses for comemrcial use. Play school or no play school the are all businesses who charge exorbitantly and use housing society faciltis without paying any charges,.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register