Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalyan Reddy (Manager - Fabric sourcing)     14 March 2014

Who will be having ultimate authority on grand pa's propert

Hi.

My Grand father has property of 3.8 acres of Agricultular land & he is no more now. Even my Grand ma is also no more now.

He has 3 children.

a). Uncle (Father's brother) b). My Father c). Aunt (Father's sister).

a) My Uncle has 2 daughters.

b) My Father has yielder sister & me (son).

c). My Aunt has 1 son & 2 daughters.

Now, my uncle is trying to capture entire property and he had paid recently Agricultural land tax to our village VRO for almost 2 acres.

Can somebody say will i have whole autohority on my Grand pa's property and how i can hold my uncle's action.

Kindly help me out on this.

Best regards

Reddy

Learning

2 Replies

Chintan... (Liaison Manager )     15 March 2014

If your grand father died without a will, the property will be shared by all the ancestors. In your case, it's your father, uncle and aunt. Merely paying tax of agricultural land is not worth to its ownership. But remember one thing, if this happens for more than 15 years (in some state its 30 years), then the tax payer have the right to own such land. Do one thing now; present your padhinama (statement of legal heir) from the revenue authority and kindly register with the application addressing revenue department. The property will be transfer to your grand father's legal heirs.

Note that, upto to third legal heir of your grand father is entitle to ask for his/her share in property. i.e. your son can also ask his share. So, whenever / if you sale/ transfer this land, consult a local lawyer for proper documentation to avoid future problems.

Regards: Chintan.

Chintan... (Liaison Manager )     15 March 2014

If your grand father died without a will, the property will be shared by all the ancestors. In your case, it's your father, uncle and aunt. Merely paying tax of agricultural land is not worth to its ownership. But remember one thing, if this happens for more than 15 years (in some state its 30 years), then the tax payer have the right to own such land. Do one thing now; present your padhinama (statement of legal heir) from the revenue authority and kindly register with the application addressing revenue department. The property will be transfer to your grand father's legal heirs. 

Note that, upto to third legal heir of your grand father is entitle to ask for his/her share in property. i.e. your son can also ask his share. So, whenever / if you sale/ transfer this land, consult a local lawyer for proper documentation to avoid future problems.

Regards: Chintan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register