Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ROJUKURTHI SUDHAKAR RAO (MANAGER -MIDDLE MANAGEMENT )     09 March 2014

Non-performance

NON-PERFORMANCE

Non-performing  loans are known as non-performing assets.The latter in its entirety has become a field of study requiring  assetwise specialization to achieve profitability . The Reserve Bank of India , though prescribed THE KYC{KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER} NORMS in general , there is every need for a different set of KYB { KNOW YOUR BORROWER }NORMS.

Warren Buffet says ' You can't have good contracts with bad people'. 

" If KYB stands for 'KNOW YOUR BAD PEOPLE' ? " ,

KYC stands for ' KNOW YOUR GOOD PEOPLE'.

An example : One Asst.Gen.Manager of Banking got killed in the process of recovery of a 'BAD LOAN' while on duty in the state of Madhya Pradesh in North India in 2009.

I frame a rather new story to Banking . It is Ban the King . In our good old financial history, the facts run to say that the soldiers of Kings go to usurp on orders the valuables like rice, jewellery , utensils, diamonds, crops, houses etc. of  residents in the kingdom to deposit in the King's treasury.The residents thus victimized suffered from hunger and poverty. One day, all the residents had a meeting that they would collectively hide their valuables and savings for a better life from the King and his soldiers , thus banning the King , which is the present day modern BANKING !!  THE KING IS BANNED !!!  BANKS  BORN ! KINGDOMS VANISHED . SOLDIERS NOW CUSTOMERS OF BANKS ! That is so great indeed for all  readers of this article instantly.

The American Random House Dictionary interprets "Manage" as "to continue to get along" . When my Professor asked me in my CAIIB -EXAMINATION COACHING  class[Mumbai] what is management , I replied 'to get along with' . HIS EXCELLENCY retorted  immediately ' How do you get along with bad people ?'  For a student like me , it was a tough moment to answer back on bad people . The Dictionary doesn't classify Bad People. I so felt in the Class-room dumbly .

The Public Sector Banks focus on performance . A  topper always confronts  another either from public or private Sector . It is the game-plan of interests & percentages in the Commercial Banking for savers and borrowers globally. Consolidation of savers and consolidation of borrowers globally means the erstwhile  inter-dependance  of the two till now . Why not make  independence  for them to purze economically the roots of bad people [borrowers] from getting more and more institutionalized as contributors to good Economics.

The need of the hour is to  redefine Banking bifurcating    

ACCEPTANCE DEPOSITS BANKING  

and  

LENDING BORROWER BANKING ,

being two super-specialities  under two different roofs but not side by side under one roof in the name of BANKING .

At last , the layman has already got wild of it that depositors'  money is borrowers'  money !! 

WRITTEN BY :  Dr. Rojukurthi  Sudhakar Rao.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register