LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Heena Mate (final year engineer)     04 March 2014

Forced marriage

My friend is about to give her last sems of INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING.Her father died a month ago leaving herself,his wife and 27 year old son.Her age is now 23 running.The main reason to seek for help is that her mother is trying to get her engaged even before completing her degree.She is being pressurized so that she could agree.She is not able to concentrate on her studies and her final year project too which is very imp for any engineer.second main problem is that she loves a guy from her college itself.His family is known to their relation and are whole heartedly ready to support them.But issue is arising from her family.She is doing whatever she can to avoid it but she feels helpless.Her brother is also against her and least bother.She is afraid if her mother kicks out of house if she denys to marry the person her mother has recommended.Her mother also said that she can go with the guy she wanna go after her marriage.

She seeked help from me so just want some suggestions what should I do.Is there any such law that can help  to secure her right to education and her safety so that she has shelter unless gets job?They both are serious and are ready to marry.But both are about to get job.

Anything to help...always welcome

thank you

Learning

1 Replies

Heena Mate (final year engineer)     05 March 2014

Its too horrific for her...to fight with family is d only option she has...is dat so?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register