Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vibhav Ranjan (Student)     02 March 2014

Validity of degree from smu de

Dear sir/madam,

I am Vibhav and a student of Sikkim Manipal University distance education (MCA). I had taken admission in december 2013. I want to know that is the degree of MCA provided by SMU distance mode valid for govt jobs. Because list of universities approved by DEC mention that approval ended 3 years ago and further matter is sub judice in high court of sikkim. As per authorised centre of SMU, after the expiry of approval high court ordered that SMU could take fresh students. But what will happen if SMU loses the case. And does the order of high court make degree of students admitted after the filing of case valid? However they have not gaven me the copy of the order.

I am very worried.Please help

Thanks in advance

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2014

Generally the courses offered by such institutions are not held to be valid for employment purposes, however since you have stated that the matter is pending before Sikkim high court, wait for their decision and then proceed legally if the decision is not in your favor.

Vibhav Ranjan (Student)     02 March 2014

I want to know that, now that I have got admission what should I do? Should I opt for some other university for the same course? Because if, suppose, the decision comes after completion of course and against SMU, what will happen to my degree. And may I know why the degrees awarded by these universities not considered valid, although they are registered with UGC. I am attaching a file I have downloaded from University website. What is the actual meaning of this decision.

Thanks

Attached File : 313947986 ignou permissi.jpg downloaded: 574 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2014

It depends on the outcome of the high court verdict.  If you can afford to wait and face whatever is the given situation, do it or better to switch over to some other institution.

Vibhav Ranjan (Student)     10 March 2014

Dear sir,

I have got the copy of an order given by the high court. But I do not understand the meaning. If you, please, clarify the points for be, it will be very helpful.

Attached File : 737082214 high court - smu dated 22nd february 2013.pdf downloaded: 1275 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register