Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uma Maheswara (consultant)     28 February 2014

Maintenance petition in high court

Dear Sir,

I would like to know about filing the maintenance petition to be dismissed/sqashed in the Highcourt of Andhra Pradesh.  

1. Should a petition to sqash the interim maintenance can be filed in the HC only after obtaining the judgement in the maintenance petition filed by wife or petition can be filed before getting the judgment at the district court?
  2. Is there any judgments where maintenance need not be filed by jobless person?
  3. My wife by sending 498a documents about my arrest and being in police custody for 10days sent the documents to my company head and there upon company asked me to resign. The same is recorded in the cross examination of my wife and her father about my removal from job by the judge. She also claimed she left my house on her own will. Now I am jobless. My wife is an MBA postgraduate and had working experience before marriage. Can these claims be taken grounds to dismiss the interim maintenance for wife?

Thanks

Mahesh

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Uma Maheswara

Dear Sir,

I would like to know about filing the maintenance petition to be dismissed/sqashed in the Highcourt of Andhra Pradesh.  

Should a petition to sqash the interim maintenance can be filed in the HC only after obtaining the judgement in the maintenance petition filed by wife or petition can be filed before getting the judgment at the district court?

After district court passes such interim maintenance order, then if you are not satisfied with such orders, you can go for readjudication of such mainteannce.  Eitherways, once the IA is passed, even if you approach HC, the HC wont reduce or quash such maintenance ordered as such mainteanance is not final or permanent maintenance, but interim.

Is there any judgments where maintenance need not be filed by jobless person?

Check attachments.

My wife by sending 498a documents about my arrest and being in police custody for 10days sent the documents to my company head and there upon company asked me to resign. The same is recorded in the cross examination of my wife and her father about my removal from job by the judge. She also claimed she left my house on her own will. Now I am jobless. My wife is an MBA postgraduate and had working experience before marriage. Can these claims be taken grounds to dismiss the interim maintenance for wife?

Prove to court that your wife is equally well qualified.  Check attachment.

Thanks

Mahesh

Attached File : 960120982 delhihc dhingara nomaintenanceforunemployedhusband.pdf downloaded: 136 times

(Guest)

I am attaching entire set of maintenance cases HC, SC judgments.  You have to read them and use whichever is applicable for your case.

Attached File : 960141822 125 crpc, 24hma, entire set.zip downloaded: 276 times

gautam (not disclosed)     01 March 2014

pls reupload the fies again

Uma Maheswara (consultant)     01 March 2014

Please upload the files again, unable to download.

raj_patelr (Ahmedabad)     02 March 2014

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

I am attaching entire set of maintenance cases HC, SC judgments.  You have to read them and use whichever is applicable for your case.

Unable to download entire set helping hand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register