Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ananya rai (student)     28 February 2014

Divorce decree

Dear Learned Members,

I have been recently divorced. My official Statement has been recorded but I have not yet received a Certified Copy of the Judge's Order.

Can I get married in the meanwhile until I have received the Order? Will there be any Legal Complications?

Your reply in the matter is highly awaited.

Thabnks & Regards,

Ananya

Learning

12 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     28 February 2014

You are not eligible to marry till 90 days will be over from the date of the divorce decree.

But there must be some other way, Since i Had been waiting for over 2 years for this case to end. Please reply

But there must be some other way, Since i Had been waiting for over 2 years for this case to end. Please reply

Any other way circumventing the law will bring immesurable pain to the people in future.  Following law is the best way of living.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 February 2014

Good advise by Mr.Adv. Chandrasekhar

Dear Sir,

my husband is getting married by the end of March to someone else. Is it still advisable to wait for 90 months in my case to marry the guy of my choice.

merocksDsite (D site)     28 February 2014

It comes under Contempt of court.

"my husband is getting married by the end of March to someone else. Is it still advisable to wait for 90 months in my case to marry the guy of my choice."

One should wait for 90 days and not 90 months.  Two wrongs cannot become right.  Heavens won't fall if a person intends to marry wait just for 90 days from the date of decree, so that no appeal will lie against him/her.

Dr SN Raju, MA LLM Phd. (Grade-1 Stenographer in Judl. Dept)     28 February 2014

I agree with the advise of Mr Chandrasekhar, but as per your statement that your husband will marry another woman.  Therefore, after performance of that marriage you will proceed as per your wish, then the question of appeal time does not arise as the opposed party cannot proceed further.

Srinivas (.)     28 February 2014

Hi Sir, Please confirm appeal period in expatree divorce (90 days)?

Ranee....... (NA)     28 February 2014

2 years is too short!  People contest divorce case for 2/3 years still abide by law.:P

Don't invite more years of trouble!

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     01 March 2014

The appeal period is 90 days, and not 90 months. You can get married after 90 days of the receipt of the official Divorce Decree (if it is not contested)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register