LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Seeking suggestions for violence against parents

Hello, I have just joined this forum to get some suggestions regarding the fact that my elder sister is continuously abusing my parents and torturing them in demand of the property. she is unmarried and a school teacher. She hurt both my parents physically in absence of others and torturing them mentally as well as physically. In fact 2 years back she attacked me when no one was at home. She is becoming violent day by day. Can we report this to the local police station? If yes then what will be the basis of the report? please help.

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 February 2014

ish*ta before doing any legal action against her you must consult to the psychiatrist and try to find out why exactly she is doing all this , once the disease will diagnosed then she will be all right after her treatment .

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     20 February 2014

When someone starts doing something very unnatural like what your sister is doing, you need to step back and ask yourself some serious questions: What is her motive and what are here intentions after selling? Is she motivated by some third-person? Is it a character flaw - was she always this way? Is it a psychological/psychiatric issue? Please make sure that you have real answers to all these questions before you approach the police. It will only aggravate things and make them worse if you take premature actions. 

Get other elders involved in discussions. Step back and have nice words with her. Try to reason with her. Remember that she is afterall your sister. Your own blood. There must be a way to set things right. Getting police and advocates involved is not that way.  If it is a psychiatric issue, contact a professional in this area and get her treated. There is nothing to be ashamed of... for her or for the family. It is illness like any other illness. 

(Guest)

Thank u for your reply. Actually the other elders of our family know about this. Everybody tried a lot to make her understand. My parents also tuk her took her for counslng. But few days back we came to knw bout some things told by her to others which is a complete lie. And then suddenly she became violent on my parents and demanding everthng. Thats why we are scared.. Nywayz we are tryng our best to sum up but if we fail then what will be the ultimate step, just worried bout that.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     21 February 2014

I suggest that you give her involuntary psychiatric treatment.  Consult a professional on this issue. I know of cases where violent behavior has been calmed, particularly in women after proper treatment.  The psychiatrist will advice you to put some medicine in her food or tea or whatever.  Of course, make sure that you go to a highly qualified psychiatrist on this issue and do so ONLY if he advises you to do so.

PLEASE DO NOT APPROACH POLICE OR ADVOCATES IN SUCH MATTERS UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPLORED THIS OPTION.   

(Guest)

ok. Thanks a lot!..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register