LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Undisclosed (None)     31 January 2014

A fake dowry and domestic violence case

Hi everyone, I am new here and I need your help ! 
I want to know the view of experts on a particular case. My parents were born in state S( undisclosed) and have family over there.We live in state S2. My dad's sister, i.e my aunt, has a son (lets name him "John" ) who got married 4-5 years ago to a woman in state S. John used to work in another country for a living and his wife went along with him aswell. They both returned back when she was pregnant, and planned to go back after the delivery. After delivery, his wife wanted to stay at her parents which is in state S itself, which is kind of normal. However after a few weeks she said she didnt want to come back to John's house in state S, because she didnt want to live with John's parents, but she was ready to go back with john to the other country. When time came, she refused to go to the other country as well, and stayed back. This went on for a few months. Later on after i think 7-8 months, she came back to john's house in state Sand stayed with john's family. After a few days, John's dad realized that the baby wasnt able to hear anything.  John came back from the other country when he got the news, and has been in india since then. They went to a doctor and realized that he was deaf since birth, due to which his speech also got affected.  Now John's family turned to my dad for help. My dad adviced them to come to state S2 to see a good doctor. They visited him, and the doc advised them that the will need to do an operation on the child, which will allow him to hear, and hence speak. However the operation cost around 7-8 lacs and John's family wasnt very rich. My dad, out of generosity contributed 3 lacs out of that amount, and even helped them get some charity from his friend who runs an NGO in state S2. John's wife's family didnt even care to call during this entire time, and didnt help at all. During all this time John's wife was all good with my dad and john's family. However a few months later, while staying with john's family, john's wife again went back away to her parents, without the baby. This time we had no idea what was the problem. We couldnt believe that she left away the child when he needed his mom the most. Later on after a few weeks, john's wife's family began pressurizing john and his family to give up the child to them. We didnt want to give them the baby since we were damn sure that they wont be able to take care of the child, and also all of this was stupid, and child's health was supposed to be the priority. After a few weeks john's wife registered a court case on john, and plead to the court to give her the child. After a few months, after the court went through the entire case, the court commented that john's wife has been careless and that john and his wife should stay together, which is best for the child. Realizing that the case wasnt going to go in her favor, john's wife's family got scared and they started believing that my dad was involved in all of this, and they also stupidly started believing that my dad was influencing the judge. Later on john's wife filed an application to change the judge for the case. Even after changing the judge, the court ruled in favor of John, and said that the child will stay with John. During all this period, John had to take his child to come to state S2, once every month, since the child required some kind of a hearing and speaking practice which is required after the operation. All of this time my dad and my family was extremely supportive and helped john in all ways we could. And now, a few days ago, John's wife has filed a case against John, John's parents, and my dad, stating that we have been asking for dowry and there was violence as well, and she states that my dad has been the influential figure in all of this.

I dont believe that my dad is in this mess even after helping out john's family and john's wife during tough times, and this is what he is getting back. My dad says its going to be all right, since the police and the court will consider the previous case and come to know that john's wife is just flapping her wings in vain to get the child.

John's family and my dad always were of the opinion that john and his wife should stay together. My dad has been a helping uncle for many of my other cousins as well. My dad has 3 other nephews as well who are married,  one of them is john's brother himself, and the wife of all 3 nephews can assure you that they never have had trouble in their entire life regarding dowry or violence. 

I am worried about all this, since the case against my dad is in state S and we live in state S2. I just want my  dad to get free of this as soon as possible. I want to know from an expert, how will this case go ahead. Many thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

fighting back (exec)     31 January 2014

@john......assuming you to be 'john', what cases are you fighting, please name them, 498A, DV, HMA 24, 125 etc.

what is the present status of your cases, are you working right now, is your wife working right now, how qualified is she, do you have properties on your name?

do you want to keep her as your wife in future,? is any FIR filed?

you need to state these facts here buddy, before any expert replies to your queries, your story is too long to keep anyone guessing, make it short and to the point

Undisclosed (None)     04 February 2014

Hi, thanks for your reply. To clarify, I am not John. I just care about my dad, who has been falsely dragged into John's case in which he had nothing to do. I want him to get free of this asap. We have applied in the high court to get this case dismissed.

I will tell the long story short:

John is my dad's nephew. John's wife left john and her child ( who has some hearing disability) and started living with her family. 8-9 months later she filed a case in the court asking for the kid's custody. The court ruled against her, citing her as an irresponsible person and restored the child's custody with John. Later on John's wife applied for changing the judge, claiming that John's uncle i.e my Dad some how was influencing the judge.The new judge gave the same ruling and John has the custody of the child. One month after this case got resolved, John's wife has now registered a case ( around 17th Jan) against John, his parents, and his uncle (i.e my Dad). My dad has the following sections on him: 498a,323,504,114 , 3 , 7

John has put in a lot of efforts to improve his kid's condition and even had to leave his job and became financially unstable. My dad helped John emotionally and even financially. 

All I can see is John's wife making desperate attempts at trying to get whatever she can. How can someone be stupid to claim that someone was influencing the judge? 

My dad has now applied in the high court to get the case against him resolved. However John and his parents will be fighting the case in the sessions court itself. I am not sure if John wants to keep the wife or not. John (and family) is not so financially well equipped, and neither is John's wife and her family. My Dad is financially okay. Neither John nor his wife are well educated.

What are your opinions? where does this go further? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register