Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RENU SHARMA (TO C)     30 January 2014

Case against ICICI bank & ICICI prudential life insurance co

MY CASE

(By Renu Sharma)

1.In Dec 2007, I visited ICICI Bank, CMH Road, Bangalore for opening a normal Fixed Deposite A/c with them. The branch manager asked me to sign a form .

2. In May 2008 my son met with accident. Since I needed money in that emergency I contacted ICICI Bank to short close my FD and give my money back. At this stage they informed me  that  instead of putting my money in FD, they had invested my money in an insurance policy (Life Time Super Pension Policy) of  ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co.

3. I also came to know that the branch manager himself has filled some other forms rather than Fd forms.

4. In Jun 2008 they took policy from me assuring me to change the product i.e. single premium. But they kept my policy for more than one year and did not change anything.

5. When I approached all the offices of ICICI Bank and Prudential in Bangalore they asked me to go from one office to another.

5. On 24 Sep2009 I wrote to HQrs of  ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co, Mumbai and Bangalore but they did not resolve the issue.

6. Finally on  30 May 2011, I made a complaint before District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore.

7. On 28 Jul 2011 H’ble President of  District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore, gave judgement and ordered opposite parties i.e. ICICI Bank and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co  to return my amount with interest alongwith cost of this litigation.

8. On 30 Aug 2011, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co , Bangalore filed an appeal against the above order in Karnataka State Consumer Disputes redressal Commission, Bangalore.

9. On 17 Jul 2013 H’nble President of Karnataka State Consumer Disputes redressal Commission, Bangalore remanded back the case to District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore with the direction to provide opportunity to opposite parties to file their version and both to file affidavit evidence.

10. On 03 Dec 2013  H’nble President of District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore passed following order:-

The complaint is dismissed. No order to cost.

Learning

13 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2014

Unless we see the commission order copy, I cannot suggest you. If you fee unjustice, file a case in National consumer forums.

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     30 January 2014

plwz do one thing that you give a letter to your famous local newspaper and filed a police complained owwwwwwww

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 January 2014

AS rightly pointed out by Mr. Ramachary you may show the order copy of State Commission and both order copies of DCRDRF.

Our hunch is that M/s ICICI has taken a stand that you have signed on the proposal form by your free will and did not cancel the policy within Free Look Period of 15 days after receipt of the policy document.

Please do not get feel bad however you must have realized by now from your experience and many other publications at many portals that banks like M/s ICIC bank has made a pass on citizens/customer that are casual in their approach with their hard earned monies. You are not alone. Many customers are duped like this. Insurance by the private insurance companies is known to be sold like this.

Any customer should not sign on blank document and must go thru the document carefully.

The very informal kind of environment, too eager and too willing to provide service at the doorsteps is many times a deception…………………………….and customers/citizens fall pray to well orchestrated  deception and legal web.

Is this branch under CCTV surveillance with audio? If yes does the recording of the date of your visit during which you were made to sign on FD form available or rather did you demand it?

Did you sign on FD form or proposal form for insurance?

If you signed on FD form then do you mean that your signature on proposal form for insurance was forged? The KYC requirement for FD and insurance is same. BM and Bank could have used the specimen signature to execute its ill plans.

In addition to proposal form the customer has to sign a PQIS or ‘Benefit Illustration’ showing the tentative return @ 6% and 10 % too. Did you sign it? If NO was your signature was on PQIS for insurance forged? Copy of PQIS is supplied as a part of policy schedule. If you have a copy you may check it.

The customer has to self attest the KYC documents e.g; ID/Address/Pan Card /Income proof/Work or self employed or housewife addendum………………etc.  Did you sign on these? If NO was your signature on these for insurance forged?

On which date you have signed the proposal form and what is date of commencement of policy?

ICICI Prudential (Customer Care)     31 January 2014

Dear Madam,

We regret the inconvenience caused. We request you to help us with your contact and policy details to assist you .

Alternatively, you may also post your concern along with your policy details on  https://onlinelifeinsurance.iciciprulife.com/digital/ipru/GrievanceRedStep.htm?execution=e2s1

Request you to quote the reference number 110796 whilst sharing the details. Post receipt of the requirement, our representative will get in touch with you within 48 hours.

Regards,

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2014

Another customer like you escalated to the MD, Chairman of the Bank and its Insurance Company but did not get any relief from even MD and Chairman of the bank and its Insurance Company.

This customer got relief from court of law.

If you are interested you may post and the link can be sent to you by PM.

It is up to you to decide what should be your future course of action.

You do not seem to have cared for keeping record in the beginning.

Now you may avoid handling the bank/ and its Insurance Company and its agencies on phone. Record all phone calls. Record al meetings.

You may transact in writing thru redg. Post and demand all replied by redg. Post on letterhead with original seal and signature by hand along with full name/designation/address of the employee below his signature.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 February 2014

The orders of the State commission and the DCDRF are to be seen for a proper further suggestion.  Against the DCDRF, you can prefer an appeal before the State Commission, exhaust the remedies available there and then approach the National Commission.

RENU SHARMA (TOC)     01 February 2014

Thank you ramachariji.

I will send all documents. I am in need of guidance.

RENU SHARMA (TOC)     02 February 2014

You can contact me on phone  my mob no. is   --  08197363706

RENU SHARMA (TOC)     02 February 2014

You can contact me on phone  my mob no. is   --  08197363706

my email--  renusharma.151961@gmailcom

ICICI Prudential (Customer Care)     03 February 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your contact details. Our representative will get in contact with you in the next 4 hours to assist you with your concern.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards
ICICI prudential life insurance

RENU SHARMA (TOC)     04 February 2014

To ICICI Prudential Life Insurance,

Sir/Madam,

Yesterday I received a call from your office. I was in traffic (in a crowded  bus) at that time so i could not understand fully what was she saying. A little what could i work out is she was asking for the policy no. If it is so I am giving it as follows:-

Title   -- LIFE TIME SUPER PENSION

Policy No.   --  06947072  dt 10 Dec 2007

ICICI Prudential (Customer Care)     05 February 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing you policy number. Please be assured that the concern highlighted by you is currently being reviewed and we shall keep you posted on the further development of the case.

Regards, 

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2014

good achievement of LCI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register