LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jackson RuleofLaw (warrior)     26 January 2014

Complainant address

Can the Court accept an Application for Initiating Criminal Proceedings , where the 

(A) Complaint gives Address   as  " Was Residing at.........................."

(B) Where the Complainant had submitted  a part or whole of paragraphs in some form in a Writ Petition before High Court, which were rejected.

(C) Can designation of "Indian Inhabitant" suffice in an Affidavit? Is not a Lady  required to give  her status as "WORKING/HOUSEWIFE" in her Affidavit? 

Are there any supportive Judgments answering  these Questions....or.....any law which defines the above.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 January 2014

Court may accept an Application for Initiating Criminal Proceedings where

(A) Complaint gives Address as " Was Residing at.........................."  Genereally yes, however, it depends upon the cause of action

(B) Where the Complainant had submitted a part or whole of paragraphs in some form in a Writ Petition before High Court, which were rejected.

Incomplete information, however, my opinion is solely based upon assumption:-

a) It  differs from case to case,i.e., as per circumstances of the case, the paragrph(s) may form part of complaint.

b) However, the complaint is being addressed to lower court, it will be binding upon the Court.

(C) Can designation of "Indian Inhabitant" suffice in an Affidavit? 

No, the deponent has to give exact address in the affidavit. 

Is not a Lady required to give her status as "WORKING/HOUSEWIFE" in her Affidavit?

Earlier this was requried to be disclosed which has now be waived.

Are there any supportive Judgments answering these Questions....or.....any law which defines the above.

Findout yourself please, you are a lawyer, donot expect spoon feeding on this forum

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2014

I fully endorse the views, opinions and suggestions of learned Dr. Vashista on the subject query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register