Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

socially backward (Social worker)     25 January 2014

On section 65/66 ita 2000

The fact of the incident is,

The owner of a business concern lodges an FIR against a known person u/s 65,66 ITA 2000 claiming that he knew the password/hacked the password and from that concerns mail id he had sent objectionable mail to some other authorities.But,the alleged person is nobody to the concern officially and still the concern had used his contact no to open the mail id without his knowledge.it seems,it had been done with ulterior motive on the part of the business concern.

The FIR was lodged one week back and the person came to know about it only two days back.Now, the question is,it it bailable/non-bailable offence?what should the person do now to avoid harrassment/legal trouble from the concern.

kindly reply,very urgent.

Learning

7 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 January 2014

Section 65 and 66 of Information Tech.act  is bailable, if the FIR INCLUDES 419 and 420 it becomes non bailable and cognizable offence.

socially backward (Social worker)     26 January 2014

one amendment to my previous query,

the charge was brought u/s 66a n 66c of ITA 2000.From the papers of complaint it is clear that the charge is false.Now what should the person do as he is a govt employee .these sections of RTA 2000 are bailable or non-bailable ?the complaint was lodged in local police station of the business concern.

kindly reply.urgent.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     10 February 2014

As stated mail all details at info@cyberorgindia.com for advice.

sonal (head)     24 March 2014

dear  guest,

i run a company..my employee left organisation and didnt return laptop and phone having information..He also mailed other employees of company blaming comp that comp dint follow policies and procedures..can v do something on this aso

i beg pls help

sonal (head)     24 March 2014

dear  guest,

i run a company..my employee left organisation and didnt return laptop and phone having information..He also mailed other employees of company blaming comp that comp dint follow policies and procedures..can v do something on this aso

i beg pls help

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 March 2014

Dear S De

the offence u/s 65/66 of ITA is cognizable, non-bailable and triable by magistrate of First Class/JM/MM.

in section 65 shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or with fine which may extend upto Two Lakh rupees or both and u/s 66 shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or with fine which may extend upto five Lakh rupees or both

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     24 March 2014

file a complaint under section 379,406 and 500 of IPC,punishement for theft, criminal breach of trust and punishment for making defamatory remarks about the company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register