Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapdawala (Manager)     24 January 2014

Shops and establishments registeration query

Hi,

I went to the Municipal Corporation in Andheri, Mumbai today to get a Shops and Establishment registeration for my sole proprietership concern.

I will be working alone from my house. My house is in my grandmothers name and I got a notarised paying guest agreement done with her. The light and telephone bills are in my fathers name and I got a NOC from him. I gave my passport, drivers license and pan card xerox.

The person in the Shops and Establishments told me that I cannot run a commercial enterprise from my residential address. I would need to get a NOC from the society, put up a name plate outside my door in Marathi and apply for a new electricity meter under commercial category.

At the end, he said I could pay Rs. 8000-10000 and avoid all these hassles.

I would like to know if the information he told me, about not being able to run a business from my residence was correct. I will be working alone. Do I need a NOC from the society.

I am applying for Shops and Establishments registeration for opening a current account.

Thanks

Kapil Aggarwal

Learning

1 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     24 January 2014

It all depends on what type of business you want to establish. It is true that society NOC will be required when you are operating commercial activities from a residential premises and if you get society NOC then all the BMC requirements and shop and establishment provisions shall apply to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register