LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

soniya (am)     11 January 2014

Next step

i got married in jan 2013. my husband although a nice husband but he physically abuses me whn he is angry. last week he has beaten me in a new place and i escaped from thr n went to police to lodge a complaint. they filed only ncr. next day his family came n abused me of having affair with some other person in front of whole police station. now my family want to proceed further and to file dv case against them. at times he demands money from me and my salary. his family also supports him only. i m in confusion to go further or to stop here n give him divorce. pls help

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     11 January 2014

It should be your own decision whether to continue with the marriage or to go for divorce, you have to take the decision and accept the responsibility for the same. If you want to give one more chance to the marriage then you both need councelling. Go to some professional marriage councellor or thru some mature and wise friend/relative who can give some understanding to your husband and in-laws. Also try to introspect about your own behaviour and work upon yourself if you feel necessary.. As far as money is concerned, then both of you can sit and discuss how to share the household  expenses as you both are earning. If you feel you cannot put up with your husband anymore then, you have the legal option of divorce.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     11 January 2014

Agree with Archana.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 January 2014

Dear,

I feel that you should teach your husband a lesson while staying together, show him that you cannot be taken for granted and if I does not work your way then you always have a divorce option.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register