Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shuaib Ahmed (xyz)     08 January 2014

Can i now get compensation according to new law?

Hello Experts!

I hold a property and it's going to be demolished by the Municipal Corporation in the near future. But, since past one year the Municipal Corporation Officials have shown least interest in my case. Whereas, my neighbours have already received compensation for their provided land. I couldn't establish my business on my land due to this, because there is no purpose in opening a business and shutting it down due to demolition and re-open it again. This will damage my business reputation and also my earnings. Hence, I kept waiting for settlement putting a trust on their assurances. But, there hadn't been any progress yet. Now, I came to know about the new Land Acquisition Act (The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act 2013), which came into effect from 1st January 2014. I need to know whether I can claim compensation based on this new Act, as it promises more compensation, and also neither my land has been possessed, nor have I received any compensation yet. So, am I eligible to claim compensation according to this new Act or the officials hold the right to disagree on that? Please advice.

Thank you for your precious time gentlemen!

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 January 2014

If your land was not acquired and now there is move  to acquire then you should succeed.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     08 January 2014

If your land is not yet acquired, now the provisions of new Act would apply.

Shuaib Ahmed (xyz)     09 January 2014

No Sir! My land hasn't been acquired yet. I guess I should act according to the new law now. I think I should present a refreshed matter in front of the authorized officials. Thank you gentlemen for your guidance!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register