Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobhit (sr process associate)     17 December 2013

Mental harrasement at the work

Hi,

I am working in the renowned private sector multinational BPO sector in Baroda, Gujarat since April 2011 till date. In this organization we are not supposed to carry any electronic gadget including mobile also. According to the company policy the working hour must be 9 hrs and 45 minutes (9 hrs work and 45 minutes of break), but when I checked out the Shop and Establishment Act the working hours display 8 hrs of work and 30 min of break and the same notice has been displayed by the Municipal Corporation department in our office. I do adhere to the Corporation notice, but it do mismatch the total 8 hrs working in the company, when my boss pluck out the data it shows less than 8 hrs work. Also in conjunction to this, I am being tortured and mentally harassed by my immediate boss. His language towards me and my family is always full of abusive words. Despite of my continuous excellent performance with 100% quality and accuracy since my joining, I am not at all being appreciated by words or money by my boss but I am continuously getting career threats since last 6 months.

Now my bearing capacity is totally diminished and I cant find out the right way, what should I do?

I checked out with our HR but all in vain. No constructive response from the HR I got.

Now I decided to go legal towards my boss and my company.

What should I do? Kindly suggest me…

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2013

This employer and Boss are unworthy of being employed with. If you are qualified, young and not overage, competent and experienced look for alternatives with companies with good HR practices.

Don't waste your youth with such unscrupulous

The establishment works how many days/week.

The work hours are 8/day and 48/week. Beyond that OT should be paid.

You may go thru the Shops and Commercial Establishments Act for max.  for max. permissible limits of OT.

You have posted that:

I do adhere to the Corporation notice, but it do mismatch the total 8 hrs working in the company, when my boss pluck out the data it shows less than 8 hrs work.

It is fraud.

The IT/ITeS/BPO companies have been granted permission as per IT policy of some states to submit electronic record and for self certification of labor relate forms as stipulated in labor laws.

However it does not mean that company shall defraud the workforce.

If it is some SEZ, IT park etc then the govt. must have appointed Commissioner.

The complaint can be lodged with Inspector under Payment of Wages Act, Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, O/o Labor Commissioner.............................o/o Labor Minister, Trade Unions.

The trade Unions know how to catch for the evidence.

These authorities are expected to take suo moto notice of even anonymous complaints and proceed to act.

While the complaint is being lodged you may point out that the employees are also contemplating to approach institution of Print and electronic media, police and adopt RTI route.

This may set them to act at lightening speed.

The CM of the state is pro active. His office may also be sounded.

At times it is also better to approach community leaders.

In today’s world the vote bank matters.

The employees should unite and form unions, IC’s and the unions know precise ways how to deal with such matters.

IN many states IT/ITeS/BPO/KPO employees have united.

Trade Unions e.g; INTUC, AITUC, CITU etc are more than willing to embrace the IT employees.

IN case of any threat or adverse action by employer or its HR, Line Managers you may not hesitate to approach the lawful authority, unions, lawyer/law firm.

IT employees unions.
https://www.itecentre.co.in/
Contact Us
Please contact us on
mail id : contact@itecentre.co.in.
ph : 9620907912
Please Join ITEC group for discussion among IT-BPO employees. To join the group, please send a blank mail to itec_bangalore-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

https://ithiworld.wikispaces.com/News+Update
ITHI, a forum
of women employees in IT and ITeS

IT/BPO Voice of India | Facebook

UNITES Professionals

www.unitespro.org

https://www.wbitsa.org/

I. T. PROFESSIONALS' FORUM-INDIA - Home
www.itpfindia.org/

Your lawyer would know how to handle the matter and defend you.

Attached File : 949070580 challenges for organising bpo workers in india.doc downloaded: 112 times
1 Like

Our BPO works for 5 days a week, but my boss plucks out the data to find my working hours, but whenever he finds some less hours worked by me than suddenly he starts abusing me coming to me and taking me to meeting room. Yes, I am searching for new jobs but alongwith that, what I have suffered in my 2+years of the career, I dont want that others should face the same issue. So I need to go legal towards this employer and make a benchmark

I am not only harrased by abusing me and my family but also I receive a dozens of career threats. Alongwith that my boss frequently changes my shift timings knowing that my health conditions and my family conditions are not good. This changing in shift timings are not at all benefiting to my work, I can carry my work anytime in the day, for that my onshore client also dont have any problems, but my boss wants to harrase me in every manner. I am also being targeted on my community by my manager. He said "tum marathis ki aukad hi kya he, you marathis are not supposed to use your brain but just to obey my orders".

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2013

A mismatch is noticed in your both posts.

Pls clarify.

You have posted that:

when my boss pluck out the data it shows less than 8 hrs work.

And

but whenever he finds some less hours worked by me than suddenly he starts abusing me coming to me and taking me to meeting room. 

Up to 48 hours employer is to provide single wages.

Beyond it double wages.

Being a 5days/week work schedule you are clocking 45hrs/week.

The BPO are under CCTV surveillance with voice recording.

Therefore abusive, rude, racial comments of the Boss can be traced.

It is also possible that meeting room is not under CCTV surveillance with voice recording.

The matter can be put up in a police complaint; however the employer may feel offended and may react.

The HR in your company should have acted.

Unions are   pro active in such matters.

Change of job is suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register