Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

James John (owner)     12 December 2013

Drunk drive under "ipc 279" in kerala?

Hello, 

Not proud caught for drunk drive. My first offence ever and defiantly very ashamed of my act. Though I never drink and drive, the day has come when everyone in kochi is defiantly caught for all traffic offences. Good move by the cops.

I was caught with very low amount of alcohol content (37mg) from drinking a beer on a wedding night and deciding to drop a friend on my way back. Though I was confident that the single beer will be with within the permissible limit; I was done for my action with the inevitable beep of alco meter at Edapally junction.

I was charged for IPC 279 and Mv act 185.

Was told by the officer that it’s a small offence and I can even sent someone else to pay the fine.

It was only last few days I realised that charges under IPC cimes are recorded and maintained at national and state levels.

1. Will this IPC cause any impact on my personal records for police verification or immigration? I was looking to move to Canada soon and they have inadmissibility for drunk and rash driving.

2.Can I appeal this case; I haven’t heard of anyone discussing this type of situation. Can I ask for a plea for reduction of IPC to MV Act 184.  I know for a fact that other states only charge for drunk driving under MVA 184 and 185. Only when an accident happens or if alcohol limit is beyond 100 mg, they charge it on IPC 279.

Learning

1 Replies

sach.thash (managing director)     11 March 2015

and did you get the summoms yet?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register