LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumit (CA FINAL)     30 November 2013

Plz help..urgent

My father was having policy ( jeewan surbhi) with LIC.term of the policy was 20 years.  As per the terms of the policy we should get the money back amount in the 12th year which is 25% of sum assured. but due to my transfer from Varanasi, i could not collect the cheque that may be  received in 2005-06 at my address and cheque issued by the LIC is not cleared through my account. We thought that LIC will pay it at maturity along with all remaining amount. Now in 2013 when Policy matured they did not pay me money back amount. when i wrote email to them they credited the money back amount without any interest accumulated on it for 8 years. When i asked about the interest , manager told me that it is ur fault not our that you failed to take the cheque .we cannot pay you any interest on it. Its my view that if the reputed company like LIC ,used my money  for 8 years then it must pay the interest amount on it just likes banks do . In banks when fd matures and if we claim it after 15 days then they pay us the interest amount too.i want to know whether i can get the same .where should i lodge complaint as the manager is not entertaining the complain. kindly help me , i shall be highly thankful to you

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ashok Kumar (Counsel)     02 December 2013

Hello Sumit,

It seems that LIC is trying to cheat you out of the interest that is due to you on the policy, and that they are not paying it to you. The first thing that you should do is send them a legal notice stating that the interest has been wrongly withheld and they should pay up. They are bound to answer your legal notice and give some kind of justification from their side. You should take this, along with the documents about the policy and any other transactions that you have had with LIC to a good, competent lawyer and then decide upon the strategy that you should adopt. But before that, you should send the notice. If you give me a call at 09555 507 507 or send me an email at info@lawkonect.com, then I can help you draft the notice and help get your money from LIC.

Regards,

Advocate Ashok Kumar; www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register