LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     27 September 2009

Suitable anti virus.

My computer engineer does not install Norten’s anti virus.  He says it makes the system very slow . Is he right? He installs AVG free/mcafee/ quick heel etc. Which are other best anti viruses at par with Norten?

Learning

23 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2009

sir,

it is right norten will do very slow the com.past time i also face such pblm.

which anti-vir.is very good i will suggest u.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     27 September 2009

Sir, i ve AVAST anti virus in my laptop and is doing well.

its home edition is free and is updated daily, there will not be any reduction in computer speed.

u can download it from www.download.com

make sure before downloading another anit virus software the previous ones are removed....otherwise two simultaneous anti virus may lock each other and that will cause damage to ur computer.

2 Like

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     27 September 2009

Mcafee and Quick heel are good options.

1 Like

Thanks friends for swift reply.

Dear Kiran ji, can i download avast without solving the current problem i.e.

[When I am connecting the internet within few minutes following message is shown and internet explore stops functioning :

“Generic Host process for win 32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close.-------we are sorry for inconvenience----. Kindly tell Microsoft about this problem.”

Thereafter option is given as “send error report”  “Don’t send”

The explorer works only when computer is turned off and restarted and within few minutes same problem occurs.]

Currently guardian anti virus is has been installed . Earlier  I had better experience with avast; mcafee and quick heel.

Raman ( )     27 September 2009

Mr. Tripathi,

Yes, he is absolutely right! Please use a router, that way you don't need any antivirus software as much as possible. How it works is pretty simple: It is very difficult to detect the IP address of your computer through such device !

Mr. Tripathi,

No, simply installing an up to date anti virus software doesn't solve your current problem ! As I asked you in my previous thread, please provide the details of your computer configuration. Example:

1. What is your OS ?

2. What Service Pack do you currently have now ?
  3. What is the RAM ? etc etc ....

You can find the above information: Go to Start -> My Computer (right click) -> Properties !

My gut feeling is that you need an appropriate Service Pack to get rid of this problem. Don't just go for complete reformat before simply trying to install proper SP !

Please not to hesitate to ask me if you have any questions related to any basic information about computer ! Please talk to your computer helper installing Service Pack (SP) as early as possible! If he did, and if you did have a genuine copy of Windows OS then contact MS help-desk directly!

Please remember, buying an anti virus software, you are giving privileges to that software company to peek into your computer ! It is all businees, hope you will understand !

Please use a router, that way you don't need any antivirus software as much as possible. How it works is pretty simple: It is very difficult to detect the IP address of your computer through such device for hackers! 

FYI :-  AVG & AVAST both are equally rated GOOD! 

Omkar (student)     27 September 2009

I have already used all of the above but norton  is best of all

Unmatched quality & protection from net viruses

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2009

sir tripathi ji as i told u early morning so-"mapfeeor quickhell or garduain". is the best antivirous now a days.

Dear Raman,

It is windows xp professional;

version 2002;

servicepack  2

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     27 September 2009

Dr. Tripathi,  Sir, Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 is the best one and no other antivirus can challenge its utility.  It has got antimalware software in it.  It detects and removes viruses, trojans, malicious software, adwares and unwanted spy mails.  You will never come across such problem any more.  It costs just only Rs. 1,200 to 1,500/-.  Regards.  Adv.Deepak. ddkharpudikar@indiatimes.com

1 Like

Please, download these hotfixes from Microsoft:

Install these two fixes and restart your computer. Please update me how did it go !

There are also Service Packs (2b, 2c & 3) available for Windows - XP from Microsoft !

** It is always a good practice to turn on windows updates (automatically).

Dear Raman,

Today I restored the sestem to an earlier date (three weeks back -when system was reformated). Now it is working some how. Aforesaid message is not coming but  another message came after sometime : "windows internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Please tell microsoft about this problem.

send error report/ do not send. "

after opting do not send, I am working on it. I think ,the main problem occured due to openning of multiple progams or functions simultaniously.

Kindly advise, whether updates sugested by you be down loaded directly from microsoft even when I am am not sure about gnuineness of current windows ?

Raman ( )     28 September 2009

Mr. Tripathi,

The cause of this error can be any number of things.

I would strongly recommend FireFox or Google Chrome browser, because Internet Explorer occupies lot of computer resources which are normally aimed at Servers. Since yours is personal desktop, need a light weight browser like the one I suggested above! Once you get used to this new browser(s), you wouldn't go back to IE any more !

You can have multiple browsers in your computer and choose one as your default one, that wouldn't hurt you. 

I would also recommend you having a minimum of 2GB RAM in your System, because Windows consume upto 1GB memory to run its own resources and the remaining would be alotted to its users.

If you believe that the restore point is clean and has SP2 in it then it is not necessary to download any thing from MS. However, if you see the same errors again then please follow the steps that I mentioned in my previous threads. Hope, this will help ! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register