Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit (Software engineer)     23 November 2013

Do not want to proceed with sale, as no occupancy certificate

Hello Experts,

I bought an apartment in Dec 2012 in Bangalore, everything was going smoothly until recently. I came to know that a certain person has disputed the land on which our apartment stands. Due to this LIC and SBI has stopped funding all the loans for about 100 flats . The Documents provided by the builder were cleared by my lawyer and also the SBI panel.

Builder says he is talking to the people who have disputed the land and the issue  will be resolved in 2 months( I came to know that the dispute is going since March 2013). Currently the apartment block is 85% completed. I also came to know that the builder may not provide me with occupancy certificate as there are deviations in the property. I have not yet registered the flat in my name. I do not want to proceed with this flat. Almost 85% of the flat cost has been given to the builder ( 20% from me and rest from LIC).

Question: I do not want to proceed any further in this deal, what can I do ?
Also, In case I have to proceed with the deal, how can I ensure that the builder gives me Occupancy Certificate and if he does not give me Occupancy Certificate then I want to exit the deal.

Your help is much appreciated.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register