LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Weisbrod (n/a)     12 January 2008

Husband Wife Team Swindling me out of business

I have been working for a company for the last two years. 4 people... A Husband, Wife, A Designer, and me the web developer. The first year I made less than $10,000 for the year but was promised $30,000. This company was owned by both the husband and wife.

The company then dissolved and a new one was created to avoid debt. Then I was promised shares and given a letter which states that I would receive a certificate of corporate shares. IN fact... Me, The Deisgner and the Wife were to receive shares only. The husband would not take any ownership in the company

Well... it has been 4 months since this happened and I did not receive the certificate and talks about me as a partner have faded. Now I have gotten into an extreme fight with the husband... He is threatening to leave the wife if I still work within the company...

I have given it my all and now because I cannot come to terms with the husband I am being swindled out of business...

What can I do?

Do I have any real ownership in the company? What am I entitled to? Do they legally owe me $30,000 dollars and a part of the company? Am I entitled to the client base ( I found some of them ) and what can I take with me?

Any Advice would be appreciated...

Learning

3 Replies

manishyogi (n/a)     12 January 2008

Is there are documents to show that you were promised some shares in the new company? Otherwise you have no say. At the most you are entitled to sue the company and the husband and wife for your money due.;
[img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img]

Weisbrod (n/a)     12 January 2008

Yes I have the documents with a promised share it the company, signed. I think I might have get a lawyer.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     22 March 2009

It appears to me that you have worked for the old Company and  the due amount from old Company is not  paid and you were promised to give share in the new Company as payment for the work  done  in the old  Company 

Your price for the work done is enforceable and press the letter promising to give shares as the consideration for the work done by you in the old company .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register