Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashanth (Software Engineer)     18 November 2013

Ex girlfriend threatening me

Hi ,

My name is Prashanth and I am a 27 yrs old male.I am basically from Chennai and currently living in US for last 2 yrs.During my college days in Chennai I was in relation with a girl  for 5 yrs She was my classmate .The first few yrs , our relationship was fine.I was in an intention to marry her and I introduced her to my family and relatives.The last 2 yrs we had a lot of fights.She had a habit of lying even for small things.When I find out and confront her  , she used to abuse me verbally/physically.She used to threaten me that she will commit suicide.I wanted to leave her because my peace of mind was screwed up,But she used to come and beg me to give another chance.I gave her a lot of chances.One fine day , we had a big fight and I wanted to break up from her.I told her that I want to break up and initially she too agreed.She told me to get lost from her life.During our relation we had physical relationship , of course with her full consent. Now my parents want me to settle in life , so they are searching for a bride.But she is threatening that she will commit suicide writing my name .She threatens that she will go to Police and lodge a complaint on me and force me to marry her.Sometimes , she blackmails that she will go to my house and create a scene.She Calls my family and threatens them too.We went to psychiatrists .They also told her to leave me but she is adamant. It has  been almost 4 yrs now since I broke up from her.Still she is torturing me.I came to US 2 years back.Still she blackmails me over emails.She does'nt have my US phone number.But she has my family's and relative's contact numbers in Chennai.We spoke to her parents.Her parents are also against her.They know that I dont like her.And also I am from a different caste.So they dont want her to marry me. But they are also unable to control her because she is so adamant and threatens them that she will commit suicide.I dont want to marry her.Can someone provide legal help for me? I want to know how I can defend myself legally without risking my career and name. Can she file a case on me , even though the physical relationship happened with her consent? What will happen if I marry someone in US and dont go to India for few years?Can she track me? I am not in touch with her , but she keeps emailing me and she also knows where my family lives in India and also has their phone numbers.

Can someone please help me in this regard? I made a big mistake in my life by loving the wrong girl.Now our lives have become hell and I dont know how to correct it.I never had any intention to cheat her.She was the one who hurt me and now she wont let go off me.I dont want to marry a girl like her.I will rather be single all my life.Please advise me how to tackle this legally.Sorry for the big story and thanks for reading it patiently.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Learning

5 Replies

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     18 November 2013

Hello Prashnath

I have read your big story. Collect evidence which is show that she is giving suicidal threat.Cutt of all the relation ,don't connect through e.mail.

Don't worry,be happy.

Thank you Sir. I am not replying to any of her emails.But she is contacting my family in India and threatening them.I am worried she may get hold of me through my family. Also , Is it possible  for me to marry someone in US and settle?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 November 2013

Mr.Prashanth, 

You also made a mistake by contacted her physically. Instead of telling her not to do wrong, you also involved inspite of educated person. Offer her to marry with you since you agreed physically contacted. Speak to her & her family and tie up knot with her

Sir,

I know I also did that mistake.But how can I marry her without interest? How will I tolerate a person for my life knowing that everything she says is lie. I have had enough with her abuses.I dont have even a little liking towards her now.I know I have done mistakes but is not it okay to separate now , instead of having a divorce ? There are a lot of people who get divorced even after having children, are nt there?How can I live with a person who will go wild and threaten me of suicide everytime ?

parikshith varma (manager)     18 November 2013

Some on like this only no need to worry.Record in some proof in future.try to avoid her

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register