Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mani sharma (nil)     12 November 2013

Regarding psychiatric legal

hello sirs and madame,

my neighbour, actually my aunt she is a psychiatric patient. mine is a joint family and everyone stays in the same house. being a  psychiatric patient she used to abuse my whole family in very vulgar and bad words, this has been from past 6 years . me and my old parents are going through big mental torture,..her husband i mean my uncle is not starting her treatment because she never shouts in front of him and he thinks we ppl are lying,

that lady used to shout daily very badly in abusive language, kindly help me to know if there is any law against these psychiatric patients???  

thank you

Learning

1 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     12 November 2013

First of all, she is definitely not ill because she knows when to keep quiet. No, you cannot force anybody into psychiatric treatment until he or she causes bodily harm to someone and the police arrest her and file a chargesheet after which only the Honorable Magistrate of the criminal court can after hearing the case, order psychiatric treatment. In this case, the woman has the power of discretion and knows when to keep quiet so the bad words cannot be due to any illness. Advocate Pooja
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register