Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victimof Inlaws (Engineer)     25 October 2013

How long will it take to obtain ia on visitation rights?

Hi,

Please excuse me if this query is already answered in another thread (and point me to the same).

I filed for custody of my minor son and an accompanying IA for visitation rights under GWA last week. The first hearing date for the case has been fixed for second week of December.

Would anyone be able to let me know the approximate time it will take before the IA on visitation rights can be passed? I am sure lots of delays and other tactics would be used by the defendants. Should I prepare for a delay in the order of months? Or could it be even more? Kindly advise.

Regards,

Victimof.InLaws

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     25 October 2013

Dear Querist there is no specific time for pass the order on IA or any applications by the court, now in your case first the opposite party file the objection & both of you argue the matter then the court pass any order on IA. it may be positive or negative. Feel Free to Call

Victimof Inlaws (Engineer)     25 October 2013

Thanks so much for your reply. I guess I will just have to wait out the duration. And yes, the final order on the IA may be negative as well. I am just trying to remain optimistic and hope it will turn out positive :-)

Regards,

VictimOf.InLaws

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register