Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     11 October 2013

Notification of chargesheet filed

Dear Members,

I have been waiting for the Chargesheet to fall over a year. Now the IO is saying he will file the chargesheet soon. The case is of section 307.

I want to know how will I get to know when the police has filed chargesheet? Do I need to be present while IO is fling the chargesheet? If the IO doesnt inform me who informs me about taking the chargesheet. What are the things I should check if the chargesheet is proper or not?

Would be grateful for for answers for the same.

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 October 2013

Dear ,

You don't need to follow up for charge sheet, the moment it will be filed you get to know because the  accused has all the right to get the charge sheet for defending his case.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     11 October 2013

Dear Members,

My specific questions are:

I want to know how will I get to know when the police has filed chargesheet? Do I need to be present while IO is fling the chargesheet? If the IO doesnt inform me who informs me about taking the chargesheet. What are the things I should check if the chargesheet is proper or not?

Would be grateful for for answers for the same.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2013

Once the charge sheet is filed, the concerned court will read it out and will  ask you whether you accept the charges admit the same.  First see what the charge sheet contains and then decide about next course.  You will hear from the court immediately on the next date of hearing about the charge sheet.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register