Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranganadhan (SSE)     16 September 2013

Money lend to a person

Hi All,

My question is regarding "I lent money to a person. Now he is not returning back". I am not sure if this is the right category. If not, please redirect me.

ISSUE IS:

I gave money to a friend called Ramanathan. His age is 46. He has a wife and 3 sons. Two of his elder sons are studying in Engineering college. 

I gave total of Rs. 3, 50,000/- from 25 Dec 2010 to 21 Jul 2012 in 25 Installment(25 times). When he was getting the amount from me, he was in our village. He also got money from many others. I haven't got any written document signed by him. I just gave on belief that he will return back in genuine. Because I didn't ask him any Interest for my amount. He was so happy while he getting money from me because no body else where gave him for without interest.

He was doing Bricks business. while getting money he said he will give money after selling his bricks. But he faced loss in his business he could n't give back. Then he said, he will return the money after selling the land of his wife which is in our village. I agreed. 

He has the habit of drinking and using HANS(tobacco). But I don't like these habit. Also I don't give money to anyone who uses my money for these habits.

My friend(Ramanathan) used my money for those bad habits. I warned him not to drink with my money. I stopped giving money. But he promised me that he never drink hereafter. He was begging me repeatedly for money. I also gave him.

But he didn't stop his drinking habits. I warned him many times. He got irritated because of that. He stopped talking with me. Also the money given to him is not known to anyone. Even for my family and his sons, also for others in the village. It was like secret.

My age is 28. I am single. Since there is age difference between us, he felt that if anyone come to know that he got money from me, it will be shame for him. Also he is living in our village(his wife native). His native is 20km away from my village. 

One day because of small misunderstanding between us, he slapped me and return i slapped him. This news spread to whole village. He felt shame. So he left our village. He is angry on me.

He partially sold(Not completely registered) his wife land which is in our village. He got only advance amount Rupees 10 lakh for that land. And he gave that money to his others lenders except me. Because he is in angry on me. He is not giving me that money.

Again one more fight happened between him and me, police came to that spot and took us to police station And also we got one written document on 15th Jun 2013. The agreement has the below statement.

"I am Ramanadhan, <His Address>, bought Rs. 3.5 lakh from Ragu(which is my name) <my address> three years before(no exact date written). As per police agreement, I will be returning his money in one month period from from today. i.e By 15 Jul 2013. If I didn't return the money, I will accept the legal action taken on me."

Above is the statement written on him. We went One month back i.e 15 Aug 2013 to police station, Policeman said to come on next day. He is saying till now some reason, but he is not calling the Ramanadhan. I think policeman would have got some money(Corruption) from him. Also with the support of some local leaders(Recommendation). Thats why that police man is always asking me to come next day. he is giving some improper reasons. We are irritated because of that. 

Since this issue went to police station, we couldn't directly reach out to him. Also the agreement made between him and me. But land is on his wife name. I couldn't do anything on that land.

My Question is :

1. Is there anyway to get my money from him?

2. Is there anyway to stop selling his wife land? so that they will come to me.

Please give me some suggestion. If you need anymore detail please let me know. 

Thanks,

Ranganadhan.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register