Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SuperNuvos (Own)     15 September 2013

Senior citizen - harassment

Hello Experts,
   My wife and I are senior citizens and we need your advice on the issues that we are facing current. I will describe the situations in the form of points for easy

understanding:

1. My wife and I co-own the house and have bought the house in 2001.

2. My wife is a house-wife and I am working in a reputed engineering firm.

3. In 2004, my elder son got married and continued to remain in our flat. He didn't own a house at the time of marriage.

4. In 2007, he bought the house just behind our building but didn't shift. The reason was he bought the house and gave it on rent. The money received through rent was used to repay home loan EMI. My son has been single handedly paying all the EMIs.

5. Soon after marital discord started between him and his wife. His wife started harassing, abusing,humiliating and troubling us and my son a lot. She used to call police on false pretexts with an intention of damaging our reputation in the society. Police on all the occassions didn't find substance in her complaints and didn't take any actions in the past. We used to remain under tremendous stress and it was becoming increasingly difficult to cope with the daily humiliations. It also deteriorated our health. Please note that I am a heart patient and my wife is a cancer survivor. My elder son was not involved in this harassments as his he was being subjected to mental harrassment by his wife anyways.

6. As a result, my younger song and daughter-in-law requested us to move along with them. Hoping that our movement would calm down the situations between my eldger son and his wife. My younger son stays very close to our house. We shifted to our younger son's residence in Oct'2012.

7. As we never wanted to be burden on our younger son, we decided to take a separate residence on rent in the vicinity where we shifted in July'13.

7. My son is parallely planning to start his divorce proceedings.

Here are our queries:

1. We want to shift to our own residence now. We are aware that there is a senior citizien protection law under which we can ask my son and his wife to move to his house which is lying vacant for a long time now. But, If we do this, is there a possibility that our daughter-in-law can file a case of domestic voilence or like
against my wife, myself and my elder son?

2. If we write a simple letter (rather than litigiation) asking my song and wife to vacate the property and my daughter-in-law doesn't vacate. What actions can we take against her? I am going to jointly address my son and his wife (rather than his wife alone) otherwise daughter-in-law can use that letter as a tool against us.

3. Can this letter or litigation can be of any help to my son in his divorce proceedings?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register