LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (divorce applicant)     04 September 2013

Salary of wife is considered as dowry?

Wife and husband both from andhra pradesh working in bangalore, 20days before marriage wife borrowed some amount for her house renovation from her husband, he transferred through online, after marriage Wife transferred some amount to her husband from her salary through online for 5 months, later in the sixth month she filed a private complaint in court with her online transfer proof saying dowry harrasment by her husband in bangalore and his family members in Andhra pradesh and she left husband rented house in bangalore with her belonging.

Later court ordered the local womens police cell to file FIR against her husband and his family members in AP.

all house hold expenses, rent, groceries everything is beared by husband after marriage but salary earned by wife after marraige and if she transfer money to Husband from her salary is it considered as Dowry??

how can i defend my case, actually my wife had premarital and post marital affairs, when i came to know about that i had a panchayat with her parents and some elderly people to harras me she filed 498a against me and my family,

Please send me your valuable suggestions on how to defend and get rid of this 498a evil.

Learning

5 Replies

karthik (divorce applicant)     05 September 2013

please any suggestions by criminal law experts on this query?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 September 2013

The salary transfer by wife is husband account can not be consider as dowry.

defense is depend on the allegations and proofs. state detail facts for best advise

wife salary account was zero before marriage, we both worked in same campus before marraige, it's an arranged marraige, so before marriage we used to meet and discuss about our families, so in that closeliness she borrowed some amount from me saying she is out of money and she need some repairs to be done to her house in her native place, so i transferred some amount to her account , later after marriages she used to transfer salary to my account saying she forgot her ATM card in her hometown, and every single rupee spent for my both livelehood was spent from my account, i had proof of my creditcards, and house rent agreement on my name. when ever she want money she used to take as cash from me, i didn't realized her cruel instincts behind that duirng that time.. 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 September 2013

what do you want from us?

i mean you have asked for detailed facts about my request, so i replied with that information, i learned from your reply as salary is not considered as dowry/additional dowry, thank you very much for the reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register