LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Gaurav (service)     01 September 2013

Fraud by landlord

Respected Members, I am in grave situation, Pls help I took house on rent in UP for which I issued PDC for monthly rent and security deposit in cash. I vacated the premises 1 month prior to period of rent agreement on request by LL.After vacating LL encashed my cheque and I used to pay electricity charges which was mutually agreed to Rs.700 in cash.In rent agreement there is clause that i shall monthly electricity charges but amt not specified. Later when I demanded security and amt encashed LL told me that u were using tampered meter and have committed theft and now he is insisting me to pay the bill or else he will initiate action.Actually he was pocketing money on account of Elect charges and I agreed to aforesaid clause since it was convenient to me.Now LL giving reference of the agreement tht u have agreed to pay the monthly electricity charges and it is nowhere mentioned that u shall pay to me in cash. The period of stay in house has been 3 yrs. paying 3 years bill shall be financial burden to me in present situation. I am quite depressed as my father is bedridden due to accident and this new problem has arisen.dont knw wht to do. Pls suggest wht can I do protect myself??? Pls help.
Rgds Gaurav

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2013

is it a different case that the one you raised yesterday on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Fraud-by-Landlord-419641.asp#.UiK4Xn_Qzmk

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register